we need to have a seperate forum for mobile application development.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

we need to have a seperate forum for mobile application development.

The obvious question here is: Why?

It has become very wide industry which requires seperate attention and work. It is not like learning C# or C++, you need to know lots of things related to platforms, kernels, communication tools and so on.

I believe niek_e was suggesting you show us where the demand for a new forum is. If we added a specialized forum at the whim of every noob with a new hobby, Daniweb would become so diluted as to be useless.

At least i am handling a big mobile application now and i dont have any place to post my questions in daniweb. i read .net compact framework pdf and some related stuff, it is a huge topic that needs attention.

At least i am handling a big mobile application now and i dont have any place to post my questions in daniweb.

I disagree. You're programming it in some sort of program language right? Just post your questions in the forum where your language of choice is being discussed.

In the C/C++ forums (they even used to be combined in the past!) for example Microcontrollers get discussed, but also vision, win32, wxWidgets, threads, database access etc etc.
My point is: You don't want to split up the forums too much. Newbies will get disorientated very easily and with too many forums, they'll have no clue where to post their questions.

I disagree. You're programming it in some sort of program language right? Just post your questions in the forum where your language of choice is being discussed.

In the C/C++ forums (they even used to be combined in the past!) for example Microcontrollers get discussed, but also vision, win32, wxWidgets, threads, database access etc etc.
My point is: You don't want to split up the forums too much. Newbies will get disorientated very easily and with too many forums, they'll have no clue where to post their questions.

I agree :)

I disagree :(

commented: I agree. -4
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.