Is it possible to add animated gif files to posts? I have tried [img] [/img] but it doesn't work. I've also tried to upload a gif file using the URL option, but that fails too.

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Like this?

9767 is the attachment id number. What you have to do is use the advanced post interface (not quick reply). Then, scroll to where you can upload an attachment from your hard drive. By default, the attachment will be included at the bottom of your post. However, if you want the attachment to be included inline anywhere within your post, then use the attach bbcode to specify its location based on the attachment # it was assigned when it was uploaded.

Ok, so how do I get that number? I uploaded the gif but did not see an attachment number.

I look at the link location of the attachment:
[attach]9774[/attach]

[attach]9773[/attach] produces
[attach]9773[/attach]

Oh I get it now! Thanks.

The nice smiley face animation gets shown once. The vile south park animation gets shown three times on this page :P

The nice smiley face animation gets shown once. The vile south park animation gets shown three times on this page :P

Maybe because I uploaded it three times :-/

Lol. Can staff/donaters etc.. get animated avatars, btw?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.