Hi,

When you post a new code snippet, it is always announced multiple times on Daniweb's index page, is this normal or is this just an unreported bug?

Contributors
Replies
Views
8 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by mvmalderen
Featured Replies
    Dani 1,665   8 Years Ago

I'm wondering though whether it's a permission-based setting ... i.e. we can do it b/c we have moderator privileges. Incidentally, I fixed tux4life's problem with his homepage in the meantime :) Read More

Can you screenshot it please? Thanks!

Sure I can, look at the attachment(s) of this post :)

Edit:: Damn, uploading doesn't work, is there another way?

Uploading doesn't work?!

Nope, if I upload it, the uploading popup screen becomes white :(
(and I can't send a screenshot of this :P)

You could also just take a look at the index page of Daniweb and you'll see what I mean :)

One problem at a time. Attachments are actually the more serious concern right now for me since the homepage is custom-tailored for you ... what happens when you try to attach the image?

I'm wondering though whether it's a permission-based setting ... i.e. we can do it b/c we have moderator privileges. Incidentally, I fixed tux4life's problem with his homepage in the meantime :)

Votes + Comments
Thanks!

Also ... so you can get to the manage attachments window but then just can't actually upload the attachment?

Also ... so you can get to the manage attachments window but then just can't actually upload the attachment?

Sorry, my test account :) Was trying to see if the problem only affects regular members.

I tried in both IE7 and FF 3.5 Beta 4. Yeah I can get to the window, it just won't upload.

I tried in both IE7 and FF 3.5 Beta 4. Yeah I can get to the window, it just won't upload.

Same for me :)

What web browser?

Mozilla Firefox 3.0.10

Sorry, my test account :) Was trying to see if the problem only affects regular members.

We had already mentioned this problem here .

My ISP places a limit on the size of an upload. Could yours be doing that?

Yes, but there's no such thing as: a file may be only xxxxMB or so.
There's something like a counter for all the traffic (upload and download), in other words: I'm allowed to upload files from any size unless I have reached the upper bound of my counter :)
(The counter's limit is 25GB and will be reset to zero every month)

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.