Since yesterday I'm having issue to access website through Firefox. Memory usage for Firefox dramatically climb once I try to access daniweb and pages become slow accessible or non-respondent at all.

I have FF 3.0.11 on Win XP SP3

Anyone else having this problem?

Recommended Answers

All 17 Replies

I just fixed it.

I found out that Real Player (again) has an auto update feature that installs itself when you update real player manually. But turning off the auto-update does not remove it from the start menu. Manually removing it works until you reboot.

It turns out that you also have to shut off the auto messaging feature in Real Player, or the feature turns itself back on.

It seems to have also fixed the trouble where the scrollbar jumps two screens with one click.

I have no installation of Real Player.

There been reports of problems with FF and the Google Analytics JavaScript last week, but in this case browser will completely freeze

Did you ever have Real Player? Sometimes uninstalling Real Player does not remove the updater.

Never.

I have FF 3.0.11 on Win XP SP3

Anyone else having this problem?

I have the exact same setup only with ad-block. I have no problems whatsoever, so I'll take the easy way and blame the ads. :)

I am currently having a lot of problems too when attempting to do mod stuff, like list all member's posts. All I get, when it finally finishes, is a blank screen with "done" in the status box at the bottom of the browser's window. Yesterday I was able to click Refresh and get the expected output, but now that won't even work.

Just tried it with IE8 and it has the same issued. Very very slooooow

Never.

Well you dont want the newest real players,AOL ruined that product!!

Last good version of Realplayer was version 8 (Right before AOL joined real networks)

I have v8 and its good (I have tried the newer ones and they are crapola)

I noticed that whole site gets often stuck when trying to get data from googleads.g.doubleclick.net

It is service, therefore you need to send some request data often with site identification (target advertising). Data are processed on background and result deliver to you. Simple browser attempt get you that sort of reply, it is better then draw attention with "access denied" etc.

This is still a really big problem for me -- it takes a full 30 seconds to load a page in the mod-only forums. Page loads are ok in c and c++ forums. Makes it impossible to perform any mod duties.

doubleclick.net is the bane of all Internet users. It oversubscribes its advertising service. Then, when you try to access a page when its servers are overloaded, either you have to wait several minutes for the page to load, or the page will not load at all.

They should be kicked off the Internet permanently.

Yes the best thing is to add that site to your HOST file!! (And set cookies to 'block all 3rd party cookies')

Ancient and peter_budo, you're both moderators and therefore have the ability to disable advertising via your control panel. If you go ahead and do that, do you still experience problems?

The site's been working flawlessly for me here.

This is still a really big problem for me -- it takes a full 30 seconds to load a page in the mod-only forums. Page loads are ok in c and c++ forums. Makes it impossible to perform any mod duties.

There's nothing I can think of that would make it take extra long in the mod-only places but not elsewhere.

Yes the best thing is to add that site to your HOST file!! (And set cookies to 'block all 3rd party cookies')

I tried that once. There were two web pages I use that refused to load.

Also, I can't do that at the college.

Ancient and peter_budo, you're both moderators and therefore have the ability to disable advertising via your control panel. If you go ahead and do that, do you still experience problems?

The site's been working flawlessly for me here.

I know and I have it actually disabled. However at the point of posting it was absolutely impossible to browse, post or moderate forum for about 48 hours for me, where I had no such problems with other forums.

Any time time if I run into accessibility issue i will

1. try different browser
  2. try different forums (forums.java.net is good testing case for slow respond )
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.