I've already mentioned this before, but got no reply. I would really like it if we were able to attach pics to snippet (and blogs).
Snippets for game-dev, visual apps etc make no sense at all without some pics to demonstrate what they do.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

And by the way (totally offtopic): what is up with a 'featured coder' badge? I saw someone on the forum with it, but I didn't see it before. Somesort of competition ? :)

what is up with a 'featured coder' badge? I saw someone on the forum with it, but I didn't see it before. Somesort of competition ? :)

The new digest made this question clear, so no need to answer it anymore. Could you put some more ads in the digest btw, I could actually still see some articles in there.
And if it not too much trouble, could someone from 'the powers that be' answer my first question. A simple yes or no would also do.

I think it's a good idea, in the past i've just given links to images, but it would be much better to be able to attach them.

In this one for example [link]

I've already mentioned this before, but got no reply.

And after a week, still no reply. So I guess I'll mark it as solved then and settle for the fact that this feature did not interest 'the powers that be' enough to even post a reply :(

I guess I'll save myself some time in the future and not post in the feedback forum anymore.

Though I'm not exactly the 'powers that be' let me hazard a reply.

One of the reasons pics in snippets are not allowed since they are not present in any of the online code snippet repositories out there. Take a look at DZone snippets.

Another reason that I can think of is that since the snippet feature is a hacked version of the original vBulletin implementation, the features which you can come up with are pretty much limited.

But then again, it's AFAIK, IMO etc. etc. :-)

Maybe in the future, as Dani intends to port all her modifications to the new version of the VB forum software.

The code snippet feature was coded from scratch using the vBulletin API to handle database access, user session and permissions, etc. However, it was coded entirely by me, and currently has a feature freeze until the next version of vBulletin, in which attachments will most likely be included. No ETA other than to say a couple months and definitely this year.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.