This is only a big deal if you use a notebook with a restricted screen size to access the forums. But in that case, the advertisements are in the way. With a small screen the ad overlays the forum menu on the left and you can't access it. When you click on Forum index at the top of the page, you CAN see the menu but when you click on it then, you get a page "plugin finder service" / don't know where that comes from.

Just some feedback, I guess this doesn't affect many people but it keeps me from accessing the website with my notebook.

zeroth

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Christian, too, has been constantly yelling at me for the ad overlapping the links at anything smaller than 1024x768 with certain combinations of operating systems and browsers. (with others, when you shrink down to 800x600, the links wrap down to the next line so nothing is overlapped).

Regardless, I am currently working with a designer to fix this matter.

I did some work on the header this morning. The problem should be fixed, I think. I can't tell on my end. Can someone confirm this please?

I'm replying from my notebook and it appears to work perfectly. Thanks, Dani.

zeroth

It's now supposed to chop off part of the ad instead of chopping off part of the navigation ... right? :)

Yep, that's what is happening and that's all right. Both nav and ad show fully on my desktop and the notebook shows all of the nav and chops off the right side of the ad. But you can still see 90% of the green go circle on the globalspec ad, if that helps.

What's most important to me is that only the ad is chopped off and no part of the site's actual content - either above or below the navigation - is cut off anywhere.

I'm looking now at the site from my desktop and notebook, at the same page. The only difference in the two computers is that the notebook is running Firefox and the desktop IE, which I'm guessing makes no difference in the display. Nothing is missing on the notebook excep the right side of the ad.

There is one thing to take note of. I don't know how to take a screen shot but:

In the search for banner - it reads: Search for {window} in Subscribe...Log Out {window w/ ´entire site´} {go}

hope this shows up wysiwig - it´s only that the entire site and go windows are on the second line and the first line ¨in¨ runs with only one space into Subscribe so that it appears to say Search for { } in Subscribe | Control Panel | Memb...

To take a screenshot just hit your PrtScn key. Then open some graphics program (like Paint in Windows) and do paste. The image will be copied and you can save it as a file and then upload for all to see.

OK, we'll give that a try - looks like Dani has been tweaking, the menu disappeared - I think it's behind the ad?

The .bmp is attached, I think - there's nothing to tell me that I attached it...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.