Just want to announce that I am resigning as moderator due to health reasons. It was a pleasure to have had the opportunity to work with all of you DaniWeb members, the moderator team and administrators. I will continue to drop by now and then to see how things are going, but will not be as visible as I have been in the past.

As Mr. Spock would have said, Live long and prosper.

Melvin

Recommended Answers

All 29 Replies

WTF?! Will you disappear from every programming forum online?

When you disappear will the internet too?

commented: I think you might be right. We won't make it to the epoch-bug now AD has quit :( +23

It's been a pleasure working with you.

Melvin, we will all miss you - but then you know that :)

Thanks for all your hard work here over the years, it really has been appreciated. Not just by your fellow mods and us admins, but by the members of the community who have been inspired by, and benefited from, your knowledge in the forums.

I'm very sorry to hear that. I hope that your health issues are of the kind that I can wish you a fast recovery. If not, I hope that find a way to life with them.

It's always been a pleasure reading your posts and learning new things from them. Especially in the Win32-area ;)

I wish you (and mrs. Ancient Dragon) all the best!

Niek

+1
All the very best AD. Sorry you need to step down.

Member Avatar for iamthwee

Who will I go to solve all my MFC problems? :->

AD,

I already PM'ed you yesterday so you know how I feel, but I figured a public statement of some sort was in order anyways. I wish you the very best of luck and good health in the future!

All lovely things will have an ending, All lovely things will fade and die; And youth, that's now so bravely spending, Will beg a penny by and by.

Conrad Aiken

Best of fortune to you, and do what you need to do to preserve your health

Thank you everyone for your kind remarks. I assure you that I won't disappear forever, I just won't be as visible as I have been in the past. At least for the present.

Sad to see you leave Mel; hope you would take a good amount of rest and spend some quality time with Miss AD. :-)

Take care of yourself and good luck with everything :)

Already missing you, good luck with everything AD

Good luck Mel, may God keep you healthy and happy.

Cheers AD, I must say since i first joined this forum, you were always someone to look up to quite a bit :) good luck down the track

You were the first member to ever reply to me :icon_lol:

Hope you're okay and good luck.

Im sure we will miss you AD, you were always polite and fair, and an asset to daniweb :)

Im sorry you dont feel well Melvin,you were a good staff member :)

I hope you will still post alot!!

Im gonna mi$$ ya buddy!!

:(

You are made out of the material that is part of why DANIWEB is a great place to be.
Wish you all the best with your health.

It is a great surprise... any way i too got benefitted like most in the group. Thanks for your effort and service to the forum

@kaninelupus language dude. You should have reported post if you believe is in wrong place instead of moaning and abusing.

PS: Request is already made

@kaninelupus language dude.

I called him a moron, which he clearly demonstrated by posting a "help-me" in a completely unrelated thread.

As to reposting, have been reporting the excessive spamming of this site by the Tipard twits, and nothing ever gets done about it, even though a major abuse of the site... doesn't do much for one's confidence is admin to clear out the junk.

Actually, the mods and myself spend a great deal of our time deleting the tipard spam and infracting/banning the users who spam this (and other 'ripper') stuff. I have banned half a dozen such people today so far, for example.

Every reported post is read by the mods and myself, and gets dealt with as soon as is humanly possible.

Please rest assured that the moderator team here, and the admins for that matter, are doing all we can to keep the spam to an absolute minimum.

Actually, the mods and myself spend a great deal of our time deleting the tipard spam and infracting/banning the users who spam this (and other 'ripper') stuff. I have banned half a dozen such people today so far, for example.

Every reported post is read by the mods and myself, and gets dealt with as soon as is humanly possible.

Please rest assured that the moderator team here, and the admins for that matter, are doing all we can to keep the spam to an absolute minimum.

The problem is that banning doesn't remove their actual posts. Do a site-search for Tipard, and seven pages of results. The thing is they really don't care if they get banned (can simply sign up another nic) so long d their spam remains.

The problem is that banning doesn't remove their actual posts. Do a site-search for Tipard, and seven pages of results. The thing is they really don't care if they get banned (can simply sign up another nic) so long d their spam remains.

Dunno about 7 pages, found only 3. On these 3 pages only 5 posts haven't been removed (already reported). Rest of them are "soft" deleted, so nobody beside admin has option to view them.

Dunno about 7 pages, found only 3. On these 3 pages only 5 posts haven't been removed (already reported). Rest of them are "soft" deleted, so nobody beside admin has option to view them.

Oh OK. Now this is a little odd... just did site search for Tipard and cited 7 pages, but clicking on Last Page shows there are only 3 pages.

Why a soft delete anyhow?

Because that is how we do things around here. No-one can see them except for the Mods anyway.
The 7 pages is probably a software glitch.

I called him a moron, which he clearly demonstrated by posting a "help-me" in a completely unrelated thread.

And your post was deleted. Bear that in mind.

Because that is how we do things around here. No-one can see them except for the Mods anyway.
The 7 pages is probably a software glitch.

Don't want to keep this thread off original intention, so have moved questions here.

And your post was deleted. Bear that in mind.

Maybe I speak my mind a little to readily, but posting a "help-me" in a thread to announce one's resignation.... more than a little rude.

Maybe I speak my mind a little to readily, but posting a "help-me" in a thread to announce one's resignation.... more than a little rude.

Maybe your right.............on both counts, but that is what the 'report post' option is for.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.