This morning while I checking my email I saw that I had a new PM, so looking it up, this was in the PM:

Hi daveyb91,

One of your posts has received an infraction warning.

http://www.daniweb.com/forums/showthread.php?p=958104

As a DaniWeb moderator, I've cited this post as violating the following rule: Keep It Organized

Do not flood the forum by posting the same question more than once (ie in multiple forums).

We understand that you probably didn't intend to do something wrong, but just might not have been aware of our forum's policies. Therefore, we send out warnings to serve as a reminder to you of our forum's rules. A second offense will result in infraction points being added to your account as opposed to just a warning, however ... So don't say we didn't tell you so!!

It is a good idea to familiarize yourself with our FAQ, which includes both our Rules in addition to a welcome guide to getting started at DaniWeb. Remember, DaniWeb's rules and regulations may vary slightly from other online communities you may already be familiar with.

All the best!

I find this unbelievable, I mean I just joined this community less than 24 hours ago and I get a warning just because I made a double topic, and had no idea about how to move the other one. So I want to complain on your tolerance here, its way way way to low.

Davey

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

It's in the rules that you agreed to when you signed up. No good complaining about it.
First offense is a warning. Second is an infraction.
What would you suggest? Ignore the first offense?

I get a warning just because I made a double topic, and had no idea about how to move the other one.

You can probably go to the post you want to move and click the Flag Bad Post link to report it. That will get the moderators' attention, and because it was an accident and you reported it yourself, they should not give you a warning.

The warning system provides a way of letting members know they have broken the rules without it actually giving them infraction points or being too formal - as it says, it simply serves as a reminder of the rules. It also says "We understand that you probably didn't intend to do something wrong" so don't take it as an intolerant slap but rather a friendly chat in the corner :)

You can probably go to the post you want to move and click the Flag Bad Post link to report it. That will get the moderators' attention, and because it was an accident and you reported it yourself, they should not give you a warning.

You still get the auto-send message, even if you report your own self.

Hitting the submit button a couple times, in the lag, isn't something to cry over.

You still get the auto-send message, even if you report your own self.

Hitting the submit button a couple times, in the lag, isn't something to cry over.

Yes you will get an auto-send message about the mod deleting the thread, but you probably won't get the warning, unless the mod specifically issues one.

Relax . Many of us got banned in past for our mistakes , at least this forum allows people to come back from a ban , there are many forums which bans people for ever for silly mistakes.

> So I want to complain on your tolerance here, its way way way to
> low.

This isn't that bad; really. There are forums out there which close your threads or delete "both" your threads in case you double post. There are forums out there which don't answer your question in case they feel that the user is spamming the forums. There are forums out there wherein the OP is insulted for not following the rules.

This is way better, believe me. :-)

It's in the rules that you agreed to when you signed up.

Yes well NO ONE READS THEM WHICH IS SAD :icon_sad:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.