Member Avatar for feoperro

Hi,

If you go to the following area:
Control Panel -> User Control Panel -> (Subscribed Threads) List Subscriptions.

There, you will find a list of all the threads you're subscribed to. Would it be possible to add a signal/flag or something like that to indicate whether a thread has been "Marked as Solved/Unsolved" by any chance?

Thanks a lot.
-Ash

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Hi,

There, you will find a list of all the threads you're subscribed to. Would it be possible to add a signal/flag or something like that to indicate whether a thread has been "Marked as Solved/Unsolved" by any chance?

Thanks a lot.
-Ash

Is there any follow-up on this suggestion yet?

Thanks.

AFAICT, Dani uses a customized version of vBulletin so any feature which isn't supported out-of-the-box has to be patched in. BTW, why do you need this feature? I mean, how different is it from going to your own profile and viewing the solved threads in each forum.

IMO, the chances of anyone using the suggested feature is pretty rare.

If you're subscribed to 100 threads. You get to that page, you want to see which ones are unsolved so you can go to only that one, instead of going to the other 99 before going to that one... I think this will leave us with less unsolved threads and more solved threads to be honest.

Probably possible because, i mean, in that list it prefixes "News Story:" before the thread title. The same code could be used to say "Solved: " before it if it is solved.

If you click on "Mark as Solved" on your thread, then the flag will show. This isn't that complicated, it really isn't...

If you click on "Mark as Solved" on your thread, then the flag will show. This isn't that complicated, it really isn't...

If you bothered to actually try it, you would see that http://www.daniweb.com/forums/subscription.php
does noy show that.

Hi,

Thanks a lot.
-Ash

How's about you read the topic and my initial suggestion before making dumb comments?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.