When you post to a thread daniweb automagically subscribes you to the thread and send you an email when someone posts to the thread.

This is not the case with group discussions though. I have posted on a discussion and it doesn't subscribe me with an email notification by default.

Can you add an option for this or change the default behavior?

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Someone else noticed the issue:
http://www.daniweb.com/forums/discussion1.html

There is no permalink for posts, so:

DdoubleD:

Is there another way to get back to the discussion without bookmarking it or something? I don't think it sends out any indication of a new post, does it?

WTF?? When did Discussion Groups forum start? And why isn't there a link to it anywhere?

Discussion groups was started in the previous update about a month or two ago.

Personally i dont use them, there is no one i particularly want to partake in. But im sure it's a good idea for some :)

Its an interesting feature, hopefully it grows, but it looks to be dead as of now :( .

I would love to see this implemented...add an individuals group memeberships to the Community Centre, or have an optional setting to add a menu beside the current ones...or at least add email notifications to subscribed group discussions :D

commented: agreed +0

The menu on the right side of group discussions displays below the group.

I also noticed when I was flagging 2 group posts for spam it didn't have a 15 second delay! wouldn't that be awesome if you didn't have to wait 15 seconds on threads? :)

Group discussions are definitely something that I want to improve on in the near future, but unfortunately I'm devoting my time elsewhere right now. However, do expect a massive overhaul of discussions in a not-so-far away time.

Group discussions are definitely something that I want to improve on in the near future, but unfortunately I'm devoting my time elsewhere right now. However, do expect a massive overhaul of discussions in a not-so-far away time.

Thats awesome :) Totally understandable that its not top of the list, but the work you do on the site is great. Its practically my most visited sight after my email :p

Cant wait to see the updates to group discussions.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.