i was able to see it, where did it go?

Recommended Answers

All 18 Replies

Good question - I was wondering that myself ! I liked the "big brother" power it gave me lol

Dani keeps enabling and disabling something. She likes playing around with her website :)

It is a default vBulletin feature but I found it a bit too creepy personally. We still display how many visitors your profile got.

lol cscgal, that's fair enough! I am more interested in "hits" than "who hits" myself anyway.

No it wasnt creepy. Although i used to get jealous when i saw you visited sknake's profile but not mine..
It was a motivating thing for me to see that some people are interested in my profile. And i was waiting in excitement for the day to come when i see cscgal has visited my profile :)

I'm not sure you are the best judge of what is or is not creepy.

>I'm not sure you are the best judge of what is or is not creepy.

Unless i dont mention Narue, i am not creepy.

Haha :D anyway, I don't have a problem with it at all, couldn't you allow the user to choose whether he/she wants to show up as a visitor on somebody's page? I personally found it interesting to see who had visited my page, so I liked it.

Haha :D anyway, I don't have a problem with it at all, couldn't you allow the user to choose whether he/she wants to show up as a visitor on somebody's page? I personally found it interesting to see who had visited my page, so I liked it.

How would it ask it you? Maybe she could use a popup window.. we all love those :)

I liked the option too. I don't think its too creepy, and I didn't think being able to see the users' "subscribed forum" or "favorite forum" list was creepy either, and that got removed! I refuse to associate myself with those ____ developers so I need to see if I can `friend request` them or not!

How would it ask it you? Maybe she could use a popup window.. we all love those

Well, I meant she could put an option in the User Control Panel so you can choose if you want to be seen as a visitor on somebody's profile.

ok here is the question, when i saw sknake added to your reputation you had a gray color instead of green on that link that says "add to wiliam hemsworth's reputation". then i added to your reputation too, but the color still remains gray. why is that? sometimes i add to some people's reputation and that link has that green icon, but sometimes it is gray. why?

It's grey within the Community Center, because reputation points don't count in the Community Center.

Is it a new thing? Because, many of my reputation points were reduced because of Narue related posts that i post in Community Center. Then i criticized it saying that those threads are not related to my computing skills. Now this is a very good news for me :) but anyway she is not around, i wont get creepy :)
Thanks for the info.

The dots were red, but negative rep didn't count in the lounge on the old system either (at least not in the time period you are referring to)

Anyway i learned where to get creepy and where to not :)

commented: I doubt it. +0

While this thread is on the topic of reputation:

I like that posts that receive lots of positive (and perhaps negative although I haven't come across that) have more than one green dot next to the give rep link. Example below.

I like that posts that receive lots of positive (and perhaps negative although I haven't come across that) have more than one green dot next to the give rep link. Example below.

It's been doing that for a long time as far as I know, it's just a rare sight.

I've noticed this to. I think it happens when a post has more then 100 points in +rep. Just like you get an extra block for each 100 points (in the beginning anyway).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.