Can I edit a code snippet, that I submitted < 30 mins ago? only the indentation looks awful - I didn't realise that until after I submitted it! oops :(

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

At the bottom of the thread (but above the tags) click the Thread Tools dropdown menu and select Edit Thread.

Err ... actually ... non-moderators might not have access to that menu.

No, I don't have that option I'm afraid :-/

I just went and fixed your indenting for you while I work on figuring out how to get you the option.

Great, thanks very much, I will try not to do it again! You saved me some embarrassment there lol! Thanks again :)

OK ...

Thread preview now works for code snippets, so you can see exactly what the formatting will look like before you post. Everyone who submits a code snippet should always preview it first!

That's great news thanks!

OK I have another treat for you. You can now edit your post to update your code snippet on your own, and use in combination with thread preview to check out changes before you submit them.

OK ...

Thread preview now works for code snippets, so you can see exactly what the formatting will look like before you post. Everyone who submits a code snippet should always preview it first!

Maybe only the PREVIEW button should be available during initial composition. Then SUBMIT can be available only from a PREVIEWed screen. Just a thought.

commented: I was actually thinking that myself. +0
commented: Jolly good idea if you ask me! +0
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.