I think a really cool idea with the code snippets would be if we could start tagging them by functionality. For example, tagging them as "algorithms" or "graphics" or "games", etc. This way, the vBulletin advanced search feature can be used in the future to find all PHP graphic code snippets, or all game related code snippets regardless of language. It gives us an additional way of sorting the snippets other than just grouping them by language.

Also ... I think it's a good idea that if you come across a homework related thread, tag it as homework. This way people can instantly identify hw problems when browsing the forum listing.

Other tagging ideas:

Each time someone posts about a bug in this forum, tag it as bug. I'll be following all threads tagged with bug in this forum, and it will get my attention quick.

I think a really cool idea with the code snippets would be if we could start tagging them by functionality. For example, tagging them as "algorithms" or "graphics" or "games", etc. This way, the vBulletin advanced search feature can be used in the future to find all PHP graphic code snippets, or all game related code snippets regardless of language. It gives us an additional way of sorting the snippets other than just grouping them by language.

Oh, and how about if we also tag buggy/non-working code snippets "buggy"?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.