Now that you've added this extra statistic, it would be nice to also include a search filter based on votes. For example, say I want to search for all of my posts that have been downvoted, or posts with more than one upvote. Currently I have to do a search and then manually step through the results and eyeball the votes, which is somewhat tedious.

p.s. A limit of 500 results on an individual search is quit limiting when at this point many of us have thousands of posts.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

There are now links in the sidebar of every forum, next to where you can view just solved threads in that forum, you can view just upvoted threads.

Additionally, in your member profile, there are now links to view your upvoted and downvoted threads. You will notice the link to see your upvoted threads looks like this:

http://www.daniweb.com/forums/search.php?do=finduser&u=1&upvotes=1

You can actually change the value 1 to a 5, for example, to see all of your posts with a vote of 5 or more. The opposite with downvotes.

You can also see a breakdown by forum (links in profile for favorite forums) and the same holds true about replacing the 1 with any number of your choice.

> p.s. A limit of 500 results on an individual search is quit limiting when at this point many of us have thousands of posts.

I increased the limit to 1000 but because of server resources this cannot really go much higher, since it's doing a massive table scan from a very active table in the database.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.