Hello wonderful people :)

Can my username be changed?

I signed up last May and used the same username I use on most sites, but I have since dropped this alias on most sites :D

Can it be changed to Will Gresham please :P

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

Done :)

I just wanted to know: has this functionality been added so members can change their usernames themselves or do we need to ask an admin?

If it has been, where can find this function? I too have changed my alias since signing up with DaniWeb.

I just wanted to know: has this functionality been added so members can change their usernames themselves or do we need to ask an admin?

You still need to ask the Admin (Happygeek).
Just post a reply with your new username in it here and it'll get done.

And, as if by magic, he's done it :)

And, as if by magic, he's done it :)

Thank you very much. (but don't you find it laborious to have to change it for everybody?)

Thank you very much. (but don't you find it laborious to have to change it for everybody?)

Most people just stay with their original name. :icon_biggrin:

Indeed, it is a relatively rare request to be honest, and anyway I'm an admin and it's part of my job :)

Hello People,
:)
Wanna change my user name to Aania.

That would be a tad difficult seeing as there is already such a username, and the account (from back in 2008) would seem to be have been registered by one Lalarukh Khalid.

Care to expand a bit more on your request?

actually that is me,I joined this site back in 2008 by the user name of Lalarukh Khalid but now i want to change it to Aania.I tired to change my user name long time back but didnt able to.This time i finally found out the way.....:)

Yes, but you currently have two accounts:

the Lalarukh khalid one which you created in Feb 2008

and

the Aania one which you created in November 2008.

So the solution is simple, just switch to your other account. You only have 8 posts as Lalarukh khalid, and most of them are either by way of introduction or asking for a name change.

I cannot change your username to one that is already in use, and seeing as it is you who have already registered it I really cannot see why you are asking in the first place!

ooppsss i really dont remeber it,sorry for that.... =(
can u kindly do me a little favour?
deactivate my other account as im not using that one and change the username for this account to a_Monika....
thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.