Member Avatar for diafol

Huh, I thought it was "J" having a poke at me. I've been downvoted 40-odd times in a couple of hours - on forums where I offer solutions (or try to). So my rep has gone from 90-ish% to below 65%. As I have said before, I don't relly care if somebody disagrees with me, but come on, this somebody is seriously sad if they spend their lives trawling through a contributor's posts to downvote him/her. As it happens, the number of unique members doing the downvoting hasn't changed, so it's somebody I annoyed on this very thread. Hmmm.

Some people are born tw*ts, some people aspire to be tw*ts, but then some are so pathetic they deserve pity.
As this seems to have happened to a few members, should Dani get into the DB and find the identity of this serial downvoter and ban them from voting/giving rep etc?

this somebody is seriously sad if they spend their lives trawling through a contributor's posts to downvote him/her

Dani is currently looking into it but she is busy with thanksgiving etc... hopefully will be resolved tomorrow.

Member Avatar for diafol

Ha ha. This dolt is persistent if nothing else. He/she's now (as I speak) systematically downvoting every single post I've made. 245 dv's at last count (compared with 30 yesterday). Seems like s/he's got a new account too. What a loser. :icon_lol:

245 aint exactly much. im down 6000! :(

Member Avatar for diafol

245 aint exactly much. im down 6000! :(

Sorry, trying not to laugh!

Sorry, trying not to laugh!

Sorry, but can't even pretend am not laughing. Wasn't Jbennet on of the big proponents of this new voting system :D

Just because some dullard abuses a system that does not mean that the the system itself is bad, nor does it mean that the dullard is some kind of hero - it just means that someone has abused the system and as soon as we find out who it is (and Dani is now on the case, tracking them down) they can look forward to being banned from DaniWeb.

Member Avatar for diafol

Just because some dullard abuses a system that does not mean that the the system itself is bad, nor does it mean that the dullard is some kind of hero - it just means that someone has abused the system and as soon as we find out who it is (and Dani is now on the case, tracking them down) they can look forward to being banned from DaniWeb.

Yipee! Could you name and shame them as well?:icon_biggrin:

And you're banned. Again. Goodbye Josh :yawn:

I'm sure there will be a point where he finally loses interest. I think he's banned faster than the time it takes him to make another account.

niek_e: And what exactly did I do that warranted a ban?

I should probably mention that my previous post was a reply to a deleted post, made by a banned user. Just to clear things up ;)

niek_e: What's your problem? You can't give people infractions for no reason.

niek_e: What's your problem? You can't give people infractions for no reason.

I think he used his common sense, and you might have come along as being offensive.

lulz That's not how it works, you fool. Do you arrest people just because you don't like them?

Keep it on topic please.

Josh, if you have an issue with a moderator action, you are welcome to discuss it with s.o.s..

Banned. Please do not keep making multiple accounts to circumvent your ban(s). that is a vioulation of the rules and will lead to an instant ban of subsequent accounts. Anyway, you are perma-banned from daniweb.

niek_e, please learn how to issue profile infractions to people like josh. Give him two "keep it spam free" (5 points) and he is re-banned.

Well, if you actually behave like a civil member of the community on those other accounts, then I guess there really isn't any problem, is there? You used to know how to do that.

Isn't it easy enough to do an IP check?

if your "system" requires constant vigilance from a team of lifeguards monitoring for people peeing in the pool, and manually booting them out every time another one does it, then that system is broken.

You could apply that same logic to pretty mjuch every forum on the web: most forums have a certain level of spam becuase preventing every spamming idiot means that ordinary members would be hugely inconvenienced. It does not mean that all forums are bad or broken becuase spammers insist on abusing them.

>Anyway, you are perma-banned from daniweb.
That's worked soooo well, as we can plainly see. I think it's high time for Dani to complain to Josh's ISP and see about getting his account dropped. If he can't connect to the web, he can't circumvent his forum ban, can he?

>If you have a problem, then block the IP.
You'd love if they did that, I'm sure, as it's a completely worthless solution. Any retard (even one of your caliber) can get around an IP ban.

Member Avatar for iamthwee

You'd think in time these kids would grow up, I dunno maybe start dating, and realise there's more to life than looking leet on an internet forum?

But then I might be wrong.

Member Avatar for iamthwee

Yes that's right.

Voice your qualms on an anonymous internet forum where no one can hurt you. Curse, throw up a fuss. Make an idiot of yourself. You MIGHT as well. You can't do that in real life so why not do it here.

Now drop your panties and look down and tell me what you see. Do you see a pair of balls or a big vagina, I'm second guessing here but I reckon it to be the latter.

Good luck with your smear campaign.

Isn't it easy enough to do an IP check?

yep, josh uses proxies.

You'd think in time these kids would grow up, I dunno maybe start dating, and realise there's more to life than looking leet on an internet forum?

This is a hoot. iamthwee, the personification of childish behavior, is suggesting that someone else needs to grow up. :D

its all fun and games until we contact your ISP for being a spam pest, and you get cut off...

Indeed, im pretty sure the culprit for the rep-script may be Josh...

Let's face it, HappyGeek is a failure. I mean, just look at his post quality-- He is contributing 73% GARBAGE to this forum. Why would you have someone like that as the site admin?

Member Avatar for diafol

So do we know who the serial downvoters are? Surely it's just a matter of searching the DB and checking the user id against the user table? Perhaps that's obvious.

Who is this Josh anyway? Could you provide his email address so we can sign him up to a torrent of spam? Well, perhaps not, but it would be funny if he used his main e-mail account for signing up.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.