Hi,
I thought it would be nice to go on IRC today and see if anything is happening. But i went in and entered my username "Paul Thompson" as my name and halfway through logging on it went like this:

+++ Paul Thompson set to mode +iwx
(Something about this nic not being registered)
You are banned from the channel #Daniweb

I tried using other names but it all seems to come out like this

+++ Paul_Thompson set to mode +iwx

And seeing i have only been on daniweb irc 4 times, i am a bit confused as to how i got banned, as i hardly talked at all and it was certainly nothing bannable. :S

Cheers
Paul

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

blud is going to look into this when he gets home from work.

Ah, Thanks guys.. I have been using the Mibbit client that you can find in my sig.. Not sure if that could be the problem or not though :S

Well, I just clicked the link in your sig, and the same happened for me.

+++ mib_40s77j set to mode +iwx

Hmm.... I'll download a client and try again

Yup, it works with mIRC :S Thats weird

I would guess you are getting auto-banned for one of the user modes the mibbit client is setting. +iwx = invisible, see wallusers, hide host

Shouldnt the server just reject those settings instead of disallowing someone access?

It all depends on how they have things set up.

The incident that was being referred to in this thread has nothing to do with client modes. The user mask "*!*@*.mibbit.com" was temporarily banned in #daniweb due to a user abusing the service.

Thanks for the update. I was curious what the situation on that had turned out to be. I had figured on the user mode because in all cases the auto-ban came right after the set mode commands.

The user mask "*!*@*.mibbit.com" was temporarily banned in #daniweb due to a user abusing the service.

I figured that might be it....

Thank you John for the update :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.