Hi,
I thought it would be nice to go on IRC today and see if anything is happening. But i went in and entered my username "Paul Thompson" as my name and halfway through logging on it went like this:

+++ Paul Thompson set to mode +iwx
(Something about this nic not being registered)
You are banned from the channel #Daniweb

I tried using other names but it all seems to come out like this

+++ Paul_Thompson set to mode +iwx

And seeing i have only been on daniweb irc 4 times, i am a bit confused as to how i got banned, as i hardly talked at all and it was certainly nothing bannable. :S

Cheers
Paul

Contributors
Replies
Views
7 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by The Dude
Featured Replies
    John A 1,896   7 Years Ago

The incident that was being referred to in this thread has nothing to do with client modes. The user mask "*!*@*.mibbit.com" was temporarily banned in #daniweb due to a user abusing the service. Read More

Ah, Thanks guys.. I have been using the Mibbit client that you can find in my sig.. Not sure if that could be the problem or not though :S

Well, I just clicked the link in your sig, and the same happened for me.

+++ mib_40s77j set to mode +iwx

I would guess you are getting auto-banned for one of the user modes the mibbit client is setting. +iwx = invisible, see wallusers, hide host

The incident that was being referred to in this thread has nothing to do with client modes. The user mask "*!*@*.mibbit.com" was temporarily banned in #daniweb due to a user abusing the service.

Thanks for the update. I was curious what the situation on that had turned out to be. I had figured on the user mode because in all cases the auto-ban came right after the set mode commands.

The user mask "*!*@*.mibbit.com" was temporarily banned in #daniweb due to a user abusing the service.

I figured that might be it....

Thank you John for the update :)

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.