I didn't notice until recently that another post of mine got munched by the latest "upgrade". In this, I'd had a link in the comments of the code. Oh, it was once simple and dandy looking, but now it has some pre-processing done on it and looks like crap.

Since I can't edit it back to what it should look like, if that is even possible, how might I go about fixing up the latest casualty to yet another post of mine?

[edit]Fixing looks possible.

fflush(stdout); /* http://c-faq.com/stdio/fflush.html */

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

Since I can't edit it back to what it should look like, if that is even possible, how might I go about fixing up the latest casualty to yet another post of mine?

Just flag it as bad post and type your wishes in the text-box. You get 3 wishes only ;)
I went ahead and fixed the snippet, however it appears that links work different in [code] and [code=syntax] tags..

Just flag it as bad post and type your wishes in the text-box. You get 3 wishes only ;)
I went ahead and fixed the snippet, however it appears that links work different in (code) and (code=syntax) tags..

Another casualty, then, as I said. I think that post predated the syntax tags, so it must have been "automatic". (icon_rolleyes)

Unrelated, but now the list of forums I regularly visit on the top of the sidebar is gone?
:(

I wish my favorite or most-used features would quit being defeatured. *sigh*

[edit]I guess it'll make it harder for me to follow the forum, so I'll visit less. Maybe that's the point.

I used to use that and it kept me hoppin' to 3 or 4 forums throughout the day. Now it looks like there's nothing new on the forum.

commented: I'm aready there.... Bored with the incessant tinkering and breakage of the past posts. +0

Yeah, I thought that feature was pretty handy also.

I wondered where that went... it seemed like earlier today it was there. did it just get killed today?

I really miss that list of frequently visited forums. I was about to start a new thread here about it, but glad I read this thread first :) Hopefully Dani will put it back.

And while we're at it -- I'm starting to like that NEW button Dani added to each post. I use that quite a bit now.

New button? I dont see anything new :(

But im missing that favourite forum thing quite a lot... I used it to see if i needed to visit a forum or if i had read all the posts in it anyway.

I want it back! :)

Unrelated, but now the list of forums I regularly visit on the top of the sidebar is gone?

I wish my favorite or most-used features would quit being defeatured. *sigh*

[edit]I guess it'll make it harder for me to follow the forum, so I'll visit less. Maybe that's the point.

I used to use that and it kept me hoppin' to 3 or 4 forums throughout the day. Now it looks like there's nothing new on the forum.

It was very handy because I have to wait 20 seconds after the page loads before the top menus activate (my slow internet) and the recent forums on the side was a nice and easy way of quickly jumping to another forum. What is with this Dani. Was it the cpu load again?

I really miss that list of frequently visited forums.

Me too! I wonder where it went?

And while we're at it -- I'm starting to like that NEW button Dani added to each post. I use that quite a bit now.

You do realize that it has been there for years right? It used to be a grey arrow instead of a "new" button :)

EDIT: I'm an idiot, just worked out what everyone was talking about. Never mind me, nothin' to see here, move along :P

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.