I was looking at this snippet by Ancient Dragon and I saw that it had received 7 downvotes. I found this odd, because the snippet was actually quite good, so I upvoted it. I expected to be -6 after my upvote, but it went from -7 to +1. This is strange.
So I went to AD's profile and searched for negative posts made by AD. I choose a random one which also had -7 and upvoted it and the same thing happened: it went from -7 to +1. Could this possibly have something to do with the voting-script-abuser from a month back?

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

That's good news for me? Thank you. But I still have 7 negative votes in the last entry on that thread. Maybe you looked at the wrong post? I really don't know why they are negative, other than probably someone just being an (donkey's butt).

That's good news for me?

It appears that all your posts with more then 2 downvotes are actually negative due to a glitch, so good news indeed :)

But I still have 7 negative votes in the last entry on that thread.

Fixed to +1 by giving you 1 upvote.

This bug also applies on JBennet and Happygeek.

I see what you mean. I found a post by jbennet that had -7, upvoted it, and it went to 0.

Yes, it seems to be left over from when the downvote bots hit us. Dani restored the overall scores, but I notice that individual posts still show the rigged downvote score.

IMO this looks like a case of cached values; even though the values were changed via backend [using some sort of query], the cache has not yet being cleared which might lead to such a thing.

Yes, they're cached. Darn thing ... however, it's not as easy as clearing out the cache. Will look into it.

Not sure if this is still on your list, but it appears this bug also applies to "the Dude"

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.