My post total just jumped by about 50 since last time I checked this morning.

EDIT: It only shows that in the profile. On my posts themselves it says the right amount.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Each time that you report a post, a thread gets created in a hidden moderator forum, and your post count goes up by one, even though it's a post you can't see.

Each time that you report a post, a thread gets created in a hidden moderator forum, and your post count goes up by one, even though it's a post you can't see.

Although this is correct, the original problem might have another origin. My post-total in a post currently says: 3008, but my profile says 3018. I'm very sure that I've reported more then 10 posts since I joined DW. I probably flagged more then 10 posts in the past week :)

Perhaps deleted threads are counted differently?

Right, I had read about that phenomenon with niek_e's old thread. What was strange about it was that the change happened so suddenly and that there was a disparity between the profile total count and the one on the upper right corner of the posts. It's no skin off my nose, I suppose I'll take the extra posts, but I just wanted to make sure it wasn't something going wrong. ;)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.