User FBody send me this PM:

I couldn't find a site support style link so, because you're a mod that I've interacted with before, I'm sending this to you. Would you please forward to the appropriate person?

I posted in the thread "sleep() error, help!" yesterday and subscribed to the thread. Since that time (about 24-hours ago) there has been 3 replies and the thread has been marked as solved (I know this all sounds normal, but please bear with me).

The issue is that in the last 18-hours or so I have received at least 6 subscription notifications concerning the final post in the thread (1 about every 3-4 hours). I have followed the link in each one thinking there was a new post, only to find out that there wasn't.

I have since unsubscribed from the thread, the site indicated the request was successful, but I do not know yet if it actually was.

Thank you.

Could this have something to do with the mailserver? I didn't get a newsletter this month, so it's probably f'd-up again.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Thanks for the info and for posting niek_e.

I thought I'd provide an update...

Since un-subscribing, and sending the PM, I've received 2 more notifications (about 15-mins apart). So obviously the un-subscribe didn't fully take.

It's been almost 24 hours since my last update post. I received 1 more after the previous 2, but I haven't received any since and I got my newsleter/digest message. I'm guessing that, if something was done, whatever was done at least helped the problem.

I didn't create the thread, so I can't mark it solved, but for now I'm considering it solved.

It's been almost 24 hours since my last update post. I received 1 more after the previous 2, but I haven't received any since and I got my newsleter/digest message.

The mailserver is haunted. Once a month it does its wicked ways and keeps Dani up for a night or two.

I didn't create the thread, so I can't mark it solved, but for now I'm considering it solved.

Done.

I see....

Thanks.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.