ohhhh i didnt know that
i thuaght it was mainly for pdas and mp3 players

It is meant for all different types of tech toys.

Hm,i havent ever browsed that base...

** Goes to explore the base **

EDIT:

VERY INTERESTING :)

You know what they say: there's no such thing as bad publicity.
And you don't have to be high schooler to be immature.

My vote is "yes", but I'm not too unhappy for not having more immature ppl posting immature messages around here.

I resent that: I'm not even in high school yet and i'm not immature.

I meant, like, there are immature 30 (40 or 50...) year olds.

I've recently noticed that Daniweb doesn't have a board for gaming discussions. Would this be possible? Surely the point of life is to work AND play?

Would you personally like a games board?

Yes, I vote for a gaming board.

Yes, I vote for a gaming board.

Gee, a little late, aren't we, sharky? :mrgreen:

Heh, I created this topic one and a half years ago, and was just notified that someone bumped it.

When I created this post, immature as I was, I was all for a gaming 'playing' board. However, this game developement thing sounds spiffy.

Well, I'm all for the latter idea.

...Someone shoot me for starting this topic. >_>

*bang*

Member Avatar for iamthwee

As far as I can tell the traffic the game development forum is getting is pretty poor.

And the advice offered is too generic to be of any use.

Game over. Me thinks.

Not very optimistic, are you? It's only been a week and there have always been at least a couple of people surfing the forum everytime I've checked it. Give it time :) It took three years for the C++ forum to gain popularity.

Yeah, he is making every visible effort to bring down the Game development forum.

Not good Iamthwee...:(

I'm against a gaming board. I bet you guys could have guessed that though, because if I was for it, there would already be one LOL. But basically the reason is because gaming forums and gaming sections bring immature high schoolers and script kiddies to the site, and that's not really the type of audience I want to attract.

I would have thought a qute girl like you would be For a game board ?? I for one think game board would be awsome. Not just for the players but for the programmers as well. The game engines are becoming so complex these days that we need all the help we can get.......;)

And the advice offered is too generic to be of any use.

Well so far the only questions are:
-which programlanguage doe I use?
-What's a gameengine?/how do I make one
-Who will help me with making a game from scratch?

I don't think a lot of people will post a working example of a game-engine or a working game. So the only thing left is to give generic advice.

I would have thought a qute girl ...

You really like Dani don't you? Since you call here 'Cute girl' everywhere ;) :)

Niek

>I would have thought a qute girl like you would be For a game board ??
It's not that she doesn't like games, she already said that having a gaming board would attract the wrong type of crowd. I agree with her completely.

>Not just for the players but for the programmers as well. The game engines are becoming so complex these
>days that we need all the help we can get.......
That's what the game development forum is for. Discussion on games for programmers, which is what I consider real IT.

@niek_e: And I wouldn't worry too much about the game development forum having lots of generic threads, after all, it will take a while to get into full swing. And at least people are posting in it!

There are a lot of people who join forums because they find them on Google when they're having problems programming, eg. they have a problem with C++, they Google "C++ forum". Google then takes them to some forums. With the game development forum, as traffic increases, it will gain a higher ranking in Google. This will cause more traffic, and more intellectual discussions.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.