I have a feature suggestion, since I know you are nothing short of super ultra busy or anything :P

I use the Previous Thread / Next Thread links at the bottom of the page of posts all of the time, but I'd like to be able to do the same with the subscribed posts. Maybe someone has found a workaround to this but when I log in I go right for User Control Panel and the subscribed threads. When I'm in the first one I want to go to the next one and so I go back to User Control Panel and click the next one (I don't necessarily want to use the back button to go through as perhaps something has changed by that point). Repeat ad infinitum. So if it's at all feasible I was wondering if there could be "Previous Subscribed Thread"/"Next Subscribed Thread" links at the bottom of every post?

On a related note to the links at the bottom of the page, I've always been curious why the code snippets don't have Previous Thread/Next Thread links? Is it because they are stored separately? I just get some momentum going through the threads and then bam, run into a roadblock.

I'm not a web programmer by any stretch of the imagination so I can't really tell if these would be quick fixes or if they require a lot. These are really matters of convenience so if it's the latter file it on the shelf (or into the circular file) for another day.

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Well after a firestorm of opinions and heated debate I guess this one's a dud. Either that or I became an electronic leper for whatever reason. Thanks for reading it anyway folks.

I use firefox, so I keep my usercp open in 1 tab, then ctrl-click all the threads I want to view to open them in new tabs. So I don't really have a use for this ;)

commented: Now I know who my real friends are. +0

That's a good idea. I hadn't thought of doing it that way. I still kinda like being able to click from the end of one to the beginning of the other but I guess that will have to wait for JonWeb. If only I knew web programming... nah, I'll leave that to the experts.

It should be relatively easy to put Previous Thread and Next Thread links in the code snippets, news stories, etc.

That works for me :) Thanks Dani!

Gah! I spoke too soon. I just investigated and it seems that it's a BUG that they're not showing up in the first place. Investigating now ... but I'm going ot have to stop in ten minutes to watch Smallville.

No rush. Please enjoy your show! :D

Worked on it during the commercials and it should be good to go.

Wow. That's all I can say. :D I'll field test it at first opportunity.

EDIT: It's a go!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.