I've seen posts here that were posted in the wrong forum. Today there was one in the IT professionals forum that should be posted under HTML instead, and one with C code in the C++ forum.

What do you think about creating a forum for members to report posts? Besides 'wrong forum' posts, I'm sure you have people posting other 'undesirable' content here (spam, etc). Why not have a way for members to report it, so it gets taken care of quickly?

Not to say that your moderators aren't doing a fine job already, but I have seen this done on another rather large website, and it helped the moderators quite a bit. After all, you can't be everywhere at once, can you?

:)

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

What do you think about creating a forum for members to report posts? Besides 'wrong forum' posts, I'm sure you have people posting other 'undesirable' content here (spam, etc). Why not have a way for members to report it, so it gets taken care of quickly?

You mean like the "flag bad post" links that every post has? :icon_wink:

(click to enlarge)

So that's what that is for. lol

I've seen "report bad posts" forums that on other web sites too, but the way DaniWeb does it is a lot easier. We don't have to copy/paste a link into another forum to report it. Hitting the Flag Bad Post link does it all :)

Yeah use the button. That ways better because then it all goes into one central forum for us mods to look at and report on.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.