I've seen posts here that were posted in the wrong forum. Today there was one in the IT professionals forum that should be posted under HTML instead, and one with C code in the C++ forum.

What do you think about creating a forum for members to report posts? Besides 'wrong forum' posts, I'm sure you have people posting other 'undesirable' content here (spam, etc). Why not have a way for members to report it, so it gets taken care of quickly?

Not to say that your moderators aren't doing a fine job already, but I have seen this done on another rather large website, and it helped the moderators quite a bit. After all, you can't be everywhere at once, can you?

:)

Edited by MyrtleTurtle: n/a

Contributors
Replies
Views
7 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by jbennet
What do you think about creating a forum for members to report posts? Besides 'wrong forum' posts, I'm sure you have people posting other 'undesirable' content here (spam, etc). Why not have a way for members to report it, so it gets taken care of quickly?

You mean like the "flag bad post" links that every post has? :icon_wink:

(click to enlarge)

Edited by Nick Evan: n/a

Attachments dw.JPG 40.63 KB

I've seen "report bad posts" forums that on other web sites too, but the way DaniWeb does it is a lot easier. We don't have to copy/paste a link into another forum to report it. Hitting the Flag Bad Post link does it all :)

Yeah use the button. That ways better because then it all goes into one central forum for us mods to look at and report on.

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.