Hello guys

I just want to make a few suggestions to the new design on Daniweb...
Is it possible to also have this "Mark This Forum Read" Link on top of the forum?
Right now it is not possible to open threads in a separate tab any more if I do a mouse wheel click on the last reply. Is it possible to bring that back?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

> Right now it is not possible to open threads in a separate tab any more if I do a mouse wheel click on the last reply. Is it possible to bring that back?
Huh??

I know what they are talking about. We used to be able to go to a forum and middle mouse click on the 'last post' button which would open a link in a new tab.

Now though it is javascript which means that it will not open in a new tab anymore.. it also means that if you are on a thread and hit the back button, it can take you back much more than you think because it will take you to the last time you clicked a link, not including the javascript stuff.

Oh, I gotcha. I didn't realize that it would be such a big usability issue to make the Last Post work via JavaScript. There are a couple of reasons why I'm doing it this way, so let me put some thought into it ...

Yeah.. im getting slowly used to it, its just weird hitting back on the browser and not actually going there... if only javascript allowed you to open in new tab! :P

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.