I think Dani has made up her mind on the quotes (since she had said as much) but I just wanted to bring up one more point. I just searched on google and was brought to this thread .. do you see the issue here? All of the old posts on this site now have the "rollover to view" style quotes, which is quite infuriating. Ugh... 0/10 for usability.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

I guess I do see your viewpoint here. It's all good as long as you don't end up hovering over the quoted piece of text. This *certainly* breaks the train of thoughts which you might be involved in when you are reading a reply.

Dani, please make it so that quotes are hidden by default and clicking on the quote header hides the quote.

Dani, please make it so that quotes are hidden by default...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Oh Please NO!

Apologies, it's a typo there. I meant:
"Dani, please make it so that quotes are *NOT* hidden by default and clicking on the quote header hides the quote".

:)

I'll second that!

Apologies, it's a typo there. I meant:
"Dani, please make it so that quotes are *NOT* hidden by default and clicking on the quote header hides the quote".

:)

I'd agree that this sounds like a better implementation. And make the quoted text just tiny bit darker, or the background a little lighter.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.