I apologise if this has been covered. I have searched in vain, honest.

Looking at my rep panel, I see comments from nice people. There are two flavours of rep icon - green and something else - I thinks it's blue. Anybody able to enlighten me on the significance of the colours? I know what the red ones mean!!

Contributors
Replies
Views
7 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Dani

The rep icon colors reflect how your reputation was influenced. Green is good, red is bad, and the greyish-blue is neutral meaning your reputation was not affected, either because the reputation was earned in the Community Center and not in a technical forum, or because the person giving the reputation was a newbie with not enough rep power to influence anything.

when are we going to get colored icon for each post that has been up-repped or down-repped?

when are we going to get visible representation people who are so lousy, that they've been downvoted into the negative?

I'm confused what you're asking. You can tell how people have been downvoted by looking at their profiles?

Thanks for the explanation Dani. Makes sense now.

WRT visible overall rep - is this like the previous version of DW where members had those little green (or orange) rectangles next to their profiles in the posts? I have to admit, I quite liked those.

WRT visible overall rep - is this like the previous version of DW where members had those little green (or orange) rectangles next to their profiles in the posts? I have to admit, I quite liked those.

yes, exactly.

having colored icons of some sort to indicate if a thread was positive or negative repped... and having the same colored system to indicate if a user was positive or negative repped, overall.

it gave me a sense of being able to know which threads and posters to pay attention to and which to disregard.

now i just have to disregard everyone

The rep icon colors reflect how your reputation was influenced. Green is good, red is bad, and the greyish-blue is neutral meaning your reputation was not affected, either because the reputation was earned in the Community Center and not in a technical forum, or because the person giving the reputation was a newbie with not enough rep power to influence anything.

OK, that explain it. I was wondering.

Would it be a useful idea to change the color of CommCenter rep so it can be distinguished from "I'm not important yet" rep?

Edited by WaltP: n/a

As a system, we don't distinuish the two. When someone gives reputation, we store in the database how much the reputation was altered. Both of those reasons, or a combination, cause it to be altered by 0.

We use the greyish icon when it was altered by 0 without a way in the database of distinguishing why.

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.