I don't like the sign... It should be visible by default not just when I over my mouse on someone profile picture!

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

yeah, i dont' like the whole thing where the rep and threads solved are hidden either.

the move here has been to suppress the content and context and the accomplishments of the veteran posters, and generally make everything hard to read.

i've lost interest in making serious replies in the programming forums.

So, Daniweb administrative stuff can you please respond!

Member Avatar for diafol

Profile Dimensions on Chrome at least 150 X 270 px. I'm sure that we could fit in a few icons/ numbers. It's quite a big footprint. Headprint. Headspace. Whatever--

Member Avatar for iamthwee

I agree, well at least I think the moderator badges and stuff should be static and plain to see and carry the greatest weight of importance. However, it is probably something which is near the bottom of Dani's To Do list if she is considering changing it.

I agree, well at least I think the moderator badges and stuff should be static and plain to see and carry the greatest weight of importance. However, it is probably something which is near the bottom of Dani's To Do list if she is considering changing it.

Doubtful. It simply isn't on Dani's list. Last week people were complaining about the lack of the aforementioned information, and Dani implemented the "invisible fix" (i.e. you have to highlight the name to view the stats). IMO this is valuing "cleanness of appearance" over usability.

Member Avatar for anu07

if people only ask those who carry weight,it kinda gonna be unfair for the others......

Member Avatar for diafol

Ask who what? The way I see it, people ask a question and only then do people get an answer - mods / featured posters / sponsors /team colleagues etc etc etc are just as prepared to give crap answers as noobs. There you go, I just proved it.

>>mods / featured posters / sponsors /team colleagues etc etc etc are just as prepared to give crap answers as noobs

Yup, I do that on occasion too. Just shows that nobody, even Narue, is above giving crap or wrong answers on occasion. All that my post count means is that I've probably given out a lot more crappy answers than almost anyone else here.

Member Avatar for anu07

:D

Member Avatar for diafol

Hoi, how come I got -2 (current downvote) for saying we all post rubbish and then Ancient Dragon gets +1 for agreeing? Is it 'coz everybody hates me, or Narue, or both?

Send your answers in a sealed self-addressed envelope...

Anyway, back to the topic. I was promised a shiny new 'featured poster' badge when I spent a whole weekend writing out answers to the interview questions. Great - it lasted a few weeks - if that. Pah! Mind you, I've given so many rubbish posts now...

I'm seeing a 'Featured Poster' badge when I hover over your avatar here, are you not seeing it?

Member Avatar for diafol

No, I see it HG. But I wanted to be famous. It's not fair! Waaah!

BTW - Off Topic

Saw your pix in the DDinner - I ain't gonna argue - whatever you decide that's fine by me!

Saw your pix in the DDinner - I ain't gonna argue - whatever you decide that's fine by me!

I'm just a big pussycat really :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.