I've noticed a lot of complaints about the new layout of DaniWeb. Even I bickered when I started coming back recently.

I just wanted to say that I'm starting to really like the new layout and features. Specifically I like how speedy the page loads are, the floating menus at the bottom, and especially the icons representing "new post", "new post in a thread you've posted in", etc. For people like me that may only create 2 or 3 threads a day, this makes scrolling the page to find my post extremely easy.

I did like the color scheme of the old Dani - but purple's cool too :)

As a side thought, how hard would it be to have several color schemes available in the control panel of each user?

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Member Avatar for diafol

>New Layout Growing On Me

Like mould you mean?

>As a side thought, how hard would it be to have several color schemes available in the control panel of each user?

Too hard for the designer obviously. Puce makes me Puke.

I doubt that would be all that difficult -- sort of like picking a them for your windows computer desktop. The only thing I would make optional is the color selection -- fonts and other layouts would remain static as they are now. I personally don't like the purple, would rather have the colors of the previous version.

Member Avatar for diafol

AD: I agree. A set of colour schemes should be easy to implement, but it doesn't seem to have been a priority. I managed a 'Stylish'-based colour system in 10 minutes. If I can do it, I reckon a professional should have no problem. I won't hold my breath though.

I've never understood what the anti-purple thing is all about. DaniWeb has had a purple hue, on and off, for years now.

Anyway, I prefer to think of it as a calming deep lilac myself :)

Member Avatar for diafol

Methinks I was murdered by my Praetorian Guard in one of my past lives. Caesar salad makes me heave too.

I've never understood what the anti-purple thing is all about. DaniWeb has had a purple hue, on and off, for years now.

Anyway, I prefer to think of it as a calming deep lilac myself :)

Purple(bleh)needs to deleted from the color spectrum MOP! That said we could still do with more contrast in the sig.area and Quote field. Later---

Member Avatar for diafol

And another thing lilac = #C8A2C8 - quite relaxing, although with a hint of danger in the background.

This unwholesome shade of purple = #572B6A

Not just that - because it's a gradient, there are about 100 shades of the blasted thing - each one searing my soul. It's a plot I tell you. Brutus?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.