I may just not be seeing an already created thread about this and I hope I'm posting in the right place about it.

Just today I've started having some rather interesting statistic information showing up in my profile page that doesn't match what the real statistics SHOULD be.

As an example:
Profile page shows "Total Posts: 215"
Total count based on the central section showing posts per forum shows 119 (which is the correct amount)

Profile page shows "Forum threads marked solved after Lusiphur replied to them: 20"
Mouse-over on my avatar in a thread I've posted in shows 11 (the correct number even though I've solved many more and users are too lazy to mark their threads solved)

Profile page shows "Posts Per Day: 21.44" which should be closer to 10.

Not sure what's causing these issues but thought I'd point them out as it seems to be a bug somewhere in the way the data is being read/translated and output to the profile page.

Thanks for your time on this :)

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

Yes, I have noticed this on my profile page too and have reported it to Dani. So, you're not alone :)

I'll let her speak to any findings, though.

There's also a problem with some threads showing up as unsolved in the thread-listing, but are solved when you open them. @Dani: Check the reported posts forum please.

There's also a problem with some threads showing up as unsolved in the thread-listing, but are solved when you open them. @Dani: Check the reported posts forum please.

I've seen this as well that the posts are not showing the "Solved:" in front of their name but are listed as solved when you open them. However this is not affecting the solved count (the correct one that shows when I mouse-over my avatar) as the posts are still being tallied into that figure.

It's actually somewhat odd that some of the statistical information is showing accurately while other statistics are skewed. But not being the person with access to the code-behind I'm not likely to ever know what went wrong there :twisted:

There was a database problem yesterday which should be resolved now, as I understand it.

There was a database problem yesterday which should be resolved now, as I understand it.

Is that in regards to the "Solved:" tag on the forums or the profile page issue? Because as of just now my profile page still has widely varying stats (you can likely see it for yourself).

>> There was a database problem yesterday which should be resolved now, as I understand it.

But it's not, that's why I reported it. So maybe the problem isn't fixed, or it wasn't the DB in the first place. But I can't do my moderating work when the "reported posts" forum is a big mess. I can't see which reports have already been fixed and which haven't without clicking through each and every one of them..

This thread for example (mods only, sorry) turns up as UNsolved in the threadlisting, but has been solved by Ezz hours ago.

Agreed. Have just spent some time in the Reported Posts forum and it is, indeed, a mess right now.

Have alerted Dani to the ongoing solved/unsolved problem.

I hesitate to mark this as solved because I don't know if the issues raised by other folks (mods) in the thread have also been solved.

However, my profile issue seems to have gotten sorted and the "Solved:" tags appear to be showing up properly in the regular (read: non-mod) forums so...

Marking solved and thanks for the quick turnaround whatever ya did to fix it :)

Ok, I lied...

The problem is back now (profile page issue).

Un-solving thread :twisted:

Edit: It seems to be coming and going... When I posted before and "solved" the thread it was fixed, then I un-solved this thread because it was broken again, now it seems fixed again but I'll just watch it for a bit before I re-solve the thread lol

We're having issues. :) They're being worked on.

We're having issues. :) They're being worked on.

I don't doubt they are :) As I said, just keeping the thread active until solved in case others spot the same problem and go looking for a thread about it :P

By the way, would this be a bad time for me to mention how much I appreciate this site and it's posting community? lol It's effectively kept me distracted for hours on end while I'm doing my job search and website development projects.

Now, if only we could find a way to get people to mark solved threads as solved or to keep their questions to one thread in the correct area this site would be perfect!!

Edit: for the record, at THIS moment the profile page is showing correctly.

Ruh Roh... Methinks the server mice have gotten off their spinning wheels and started chewing on the databases... :-O

I'm just going to quietly "Solve" this thread and hope that puts those critters in a better mood and gets them back to spinning their wheels that make things run smoothly.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.