Sanjay thank you for handling the miscommunication properly and to OTHER UPTIGHT MODERATORS who doesn't know proper grammar AKA ANCIENT DRAGON : PLS FEEL FREE TO DELETE MY ACCOUNT: Unfortunately I can't find where I can delete my account? SOMEONE HELP? is deleting the account as complicated as this particular social networking site

SOMEONE HELP ME ON THIS TOPIC BECAUSE I CAN'T READ hahahahah I didn't finish college

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

>Unfortunately I can't find where I can delete my account?
You can't delete your account. Just don't visit the site anymore. It's really that easy. :icon_rolleyes:

What makes you think I am a moderator?

OTHER UPTIGHT MODERATORS who doesn't know proper grammar AKA ANCIENT DRAGON

Normally I don't like to feed these types of posts with a response but I just had to put in my 2 cents since you seem to feel that it's that important to split your rant into two separate caps-lock-challenged threads.

While I can understand that perhaps you felt offense at a statement made by one individual within this site... And I can also understand that you felt 'picked on' after you were hit with some moderator action for breaking posted rules of this site... I don't understand why you feel that any of the following applies:

• The rest of us need to be made painfully aware of your feelings of persecution
  • The rest of us in any way care about the fact that you received moderator action in the first place
  • The rest of us feel any need to witness your abusive tirades against another member of this community
  • That you are in any way exempt from the rules that apply on a privately owned and operated forum because "people who read the rules ... don't have their own website and no money TO MAKE THEIR OWN RULES"
  • That anyone who uses 50%+ caps in their posts can claim any level of maturity, let alone a superiority over others

Having said all of that, you're definitely allowed your opinion and you've every right not to utilize services if you disagree with how they're run or don't wish to interact with the others who use it. My only request would be that you stop flaming up the forums with your obvious anger management issues.

Thanks again for stopping by :)

As a side route venture back onto the original rule-breaking, which would have been the actual topic had the posts not been so ridiculous, what exactly is a "fake" signature and why is it a problem/against the rules? I gather that it is an e-mail address WITHIN an actual post as opposed to the normal signature. Is it a spamming technique so that it comes up in search engines, whereas the normal signatures won't?

Just curious.

what exactly is a "fake" signature and why is it a problem/against the rules?

From what I understand of it a "fake" signature is essentially where a person manually types their "signature" content directly at the end of their messages for every message. This could be their name, an URL for their company, an URL for their personal website, whatever is a standard 'sign-off' for their posts.

The site (DaniWeb) provides a "signature" segment adjustable via your Control Panel where you can format and include a standardized signature that will appear at the bottom of every post you make.

As part of the posted rules it is encouraged to use a site-wide standardized signature instead of a "fake" signature for various reasons, one of which is outlined in the "What will happen" portion of the related explanation in the rules which is "Emails, fake signatures, and personal information will be snipped out of offending post." This is, in part related to the next posted rule "Keep It Spam-Free".

Hope that helps :)

Edit: Oops, I guess the sig field does auto-format URLs as links after all...

>>SOMEONE HELP ME ON THIS TOPIC BECAUSE I CAN'T READ hahahahah I didn't finish college

commented: Made my NIGHT!! :twisted: +0
commented: lol'd +0

From what I understand of it a "fake" signature is essentially where a person manually types their "signature" content directly at the end of their messages for every message. This could be their name, an URL for their company, an URL for their personal website, whatever is a standard 'sign-off' for their posts.

Thanks, I get what it is now, but I'm a bit confused as to why people do it and why the forum (and apparently most forums) made it against the rules. It's a search engine thing, right? You get more hits for http://www.spam.com if it's in the post itself than if it's in the regular signature and that's why you get all of these mindless posts that add no value, just so people can get more hits to their site, and you don't get those with the regular signatures? That's why it's against the rules?

The difference between having promotional links in your signature and in each of your posts is that signatures can be disabled site-wide. This is extremely useful in case you want to do away with all the promotional links placed in signature in one go (e.g. when you ban the member and disable his sig), as opposed to editing each post and removing the link spam.

The difference between having promotional links in your signature and in each of your posts is that signatures can be disabled site-wide. This is extremely useful in case you want to do away with all the promotional links placed in signature in one go (e.g. when you ban the member and disable his sig), as opposed to editing each post and removing the link spam.

Makes sense! Thanks!

commented: Face...Palm moment? +0
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.