The purple bar at the bottom of the page is not working properly when I browse Daniweb on my iPad (presumably the iPhone has the same problem). Rather than stick to the bottom of the browser window, it locks to the original position and obscures everything at that point (which happens to be the first two lines of a thread's first post in landscape view).

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Yes, this is a known bug. Unfortunately, Apple has decided to make the conscious decision of not following the CSS standard on their mobile web browsers and handling fixed positioning differently than EVERY single other web browser in the world, including Safari for the desktop and every other mobile web browser in existance.

Web development activist groups have petitioned Apple to change this multiple times, and they have refused to even though they can give no good reason why Safari for iOS should be different.

Perhaps you could add an option to the UserCP to turn the entire menu off?

Yes, this is a known bug. Unfortunately, Apple has decided to make the conscious decision of not following the CSS standard on their mobile web browsers and handling fixed positioning differently than EVERY single other web browser in the world, including Safari for the desktop and every other mobile web browser in existance.

Web development activist groups have petitioned Apple to change this multiple times, and they have refused to even though they can give no good reason why Safari for iOS should be different.

Uhm... I'm having the same problem on an HTC Desire running Android 2.2 and it's the exact same problem.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.