It seems to me that DaniWeb is a really big website, probably with tons of advertisers.

It also seems to me that you have a really fast server, and probably a nice ISP :P

40k members is also alot...

So, if someone offered to purchase the website, what would be the fair price?

Altough I'm asking it, it's not for me... But I might have an interested friend :)

Regards,
BoogaBooga

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

I've thought about this, and asked others, but I really am not so sure how much to appraise the site for. It would be at minimum in the neighborhood of a half million dollars I estimate.

ill give ya $10

sweet....
plz give me a couple of years to save up

You know I don't understand though....I mean you do have alot of advertisers and high traffic, alot of members...but you don't have that many active posters/posts. Even at peak times forums with 1/4 of your members are getting more active participants...what's the reason for this?

I would have to take into consideration how active the forum is and not just revenue alone. If the advertisers stop paying....then it's a whole different ball game.

>but you don't have that many active posters/posts
Daniweb is more than just a forum, a fact that Dani has been trying to emphasize with the new design. And forum activity can't be measured with new posts alone. A lot of people lurk but don't post for various reasons. A lot of people search old posts and get their answers that way.

I've thought about this, and asked others, but I really am not so sure how much to appraise the site for. It would be at minimum in the neighborhood of a half million dollars I estimate.

Puh-leeez do NOT sell this site. Once sold, you can be sure this site will stop being the intuitive, fun place it is :cool: and become another one of those "Hello, please hold the line while we answer your question" kind of duulllllll places. :?:

goldeagle2005 is right---you guys have made this place a good place---others would probably technofy and modernise it

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.