Due to all the problems that we've been experiencing here at TechTalk, our web host has moved us to a new server.

Until the DNS entry propagates, you will have to use our IP address to connect to TechTalk. This ensures that all database changes made between now and until the changes take effect are applied to our new database and aren't lost.

However, the cookie used to store your username/password will still associate it with techtalkforums.com. Therefore, you may experience some php session issues such as being logged out for no reason until the DNS server propages.

We're sorry for any inconvience that this may cause. Please understand we're trying our best to ensure TechTalk is fast and stable.

The DNS entry will propagate on Saturday, February 22, at 3:00am. (Friday nite)

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

I just found your site via phpBB community forum and really like the way this site has been designed. As far as your new server (on topic), I don't know how well the site ran before but its running quite robust now. :)

Cool! :) I'm really glad you like the site. (It especially means something knowing that it can hold it's own against other forums backed by the wonderful phpBB)

The site used to go down a LOT but for only a few minutes at a time. It was really horrible. This server seems to run a bit faster overall as well.

I've always had the notion in the back of my mind to play around with forum software but never quite got myself to actually do it. :) But recently I found phpBB2 and decided to install it on my site--a site I basically use only for email. I know nothing about php or mysql but managed to install phpBB2....and now a whole world has opened up :)....all I want to do is learn how all it works and how to customize it.

Well, I like your site and will probably lurk here once in a while...and ask questions if some arise. I'm not a techie but I do have some knowledge about C but never learned it's superset C++. I have a book on C# and maybe when I finally decide to learn that I'll ask you all to add that section, ha.

I checked out the 3d and it does look good but I'm more of a 2d person....maybe that's why I never learned C++. :)

Again, you've done a fine job here...the free sizing of fonts is great especially for someone my age who likes to set them to "largest" in the IE view menu. I haven't seen any phpBB forum which does that, although I haven't seen that many phpBB forums. :)

Glad you're enjoying yourself here. It would be nice if you stopped by every so often. ;)

As for the font sizes, I responded to your post and explained how it was done back over at the phpBB boards.

Would you be able to provide us with a link to your website? ;) I'd like to see what you've done with phpBB.

Ha, well, I haven't done anything yet....I only installed phpBB yesterday. :) Heck I was stoked just to get the MySQL database setup in my host's control panel (that will give you an idea how far along I am :)).

When I have something worth showing I'll post a link. :)

I am also glad you like the site. If you need any help with PHP/MySQL or just programming and databases in general, let me know. I'm always glad to help.

I am also glad you like the site. If you need any help with PHP/MySQL or just programming and databases in general, let me know. I'm always glad to help.

I appreciate the offer...and if the need arises, I'll take you up on it. :)

Right now, I'm waiting on Amazon to ship me PHP and MySQL Web Development. I've read a few reviews and it seems like it will be a good book....even read one here. :)

Definitely a good purchase. One of the best books out there. Yeah, hope my review was helpful. ;) One of the reasons why I like it is because of the tone it uses. Very friendly.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.