1. Once we have attached something to a thread is there any way to delete the attachment at some later date? since we have a limited amount of space for attachments how do we clean this up for future use?

2. I added a new contribution to Code Snippets but it doesn't show up there as fast as it does in the forums. Does one of the mods have to review and post it?

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Ok now for a third question

If it's not apparent to you where to place your question after browsing through the various levels of the menu system here, you can feel free to ask for assistance in the 'Introductions' section of 'Coffee House'. That's part of the reason we have that section

Is that information now obsolete?

Nope, I thought it was evident that it referred to asking for assistance with finding the spot for the question. It's been moved to the appropriate spot now, I'd answer your first two questions if I knew the answers to them, and you've just given me reason to add one to my postcount :D

I'm sure Dani or Zach will turn up some time soon with the information you need.

Question 1 - You have about 15 minutes to edit a post (and post attachments) after it has initially been posted. There is no need to delete attachments in the future because there is no limit on the maximum number of attachments that you can upload to the system.

Question 2 - I'm not sure about this one since code snippets do appear right away? I'm not sure why yours didn't. The next time it happens, please send me a PM and I'll look into it for you.

Question 3 - Whoever posted that is referring to the Community Introductions forum at http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/forum165.html - More specifically, check the sticky thread in that forum http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/thread19791.html

1) And if you do want to delete some attachment .. then you should go to your control panel --> select attachments from the left pane .. it'll show you all the attachments you've made .. select and delete your specfic ones ...

But as Dani said there is no apparent need to remove an attachment.

2) Check your browser if its set to updating your page automatically ... if it takes it from the cache .. then you can have this problem.

1) And if you do want to delete some attachment .. then you should go to your control panel --> select attachments from the left pane .. it'll show you all the attachments you've made .. select and delete your specfic ones ....

I don't have a delete button or option. maybe that's just a moderator option. I originally thought I read that there was a filespace limit -- but my eyes must have been crossed or something ;)

Thanks for your replies.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.