I know that it's not really related to programming and hardware (which is what the rest of the site seems to be), but I think it would be great if we could create a 3D modeling or visual effects forum. Maybe even just one forum for all 3D modeling programs? There are dedicated forums for all of the programs already, but there are already dedicated C++ forums, for example. That didn't stop this C++ getting to the top.

Thoughts?

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Member Avatar for iamthwee

I like the idea but it wouldn't get much exposure.

I do 3D stuff from time to time however, I don't think it would work at Daniweb.
We have a graphics and media section so I guess it would be posted there.

I think many posts about that end up in Game Development as well.

>> I think many posts about that end up in Game Development as well.

Hmmm, they should fit there. Only problem is that the game-dev forum is next to dead. We've gotten 5 new threads in the last 2 weeks.. (not counting the enormous amounts of spam I delete there :) )

Well if we introduce a "3D section" to the game dev forum, or at least publicise that it's open to 3D topics, we may get a bit of interest. We could announce it on things like the blender artists forums...

I know and this might be a good idea, but I don't think we currently have enough members here who know anything about 3d-modeling. So the forum will probably consist out a lot of unanswered questions.

commented: Somebody mention models? +0

It might, but it could attract new members. I'm sure there are more 3D modelers knocking around here than we think...

Or maybe the Graphics and Multimedia forum: http://www.daniweb.com/forums/forum28.html

Between a Game Dev forum, and a Graphics and Multimedia forum, I definitely think that 3d modeling has its place. It's silly to create yet another forum to further dilute things when the existing related forums don't have wide enough appeal with our audience.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.