What happened to the Code Snippets link?

Recommended Answers

All 18 Replies

There was a link to Code Snippets, but I can't find it any more. Or did you delete them all?

Re: Code Snippets. Ancient Dragon, don't feel bad, because I'm still learning too. Some times when those Nasties, Virus spam- people attack our community, the things that are suppose to be there are not. It happened to me several times. I'm sure the Moderators will fix this soon. I came across someone posted in your thread, just click the icon. I said to myself, "What icon?" I was clicking and nothing happened and had to re sign in. Congratulations for what you've accomplished. Thank you for contributing so much to this community.

>> If you go to a forum, there is a code snippets tab.

Aha there they are... Thanks.

@Dani: Do snippets still show up as a normal forum-thread with the "snippet" prefix as before or are they only listed in the "snippets" tab?

[edit]
After changing ~20 C++snippets back to normal threads, there are now only 3 snippets left from the last 2 months.. I think we're not the only ones that are having a hard time finding the snippets..

> Do snippets still show up as a normal forum-thread with the "snippet" prefix as before
Yes, they should be

Huh? What happened?!

I must be blind because I don't see a code snippets tab or link

Oh -- well Duhhhh :)

>>Huh??

>>Huh? What happened?!

>>Huh??

Could you be a bit more specific?

Re: Code Snippets

Pritaeas *If you go to a forum, there is a code snippets tab.

I see, it's lighter, and it's a subtab. I never saw that before, even though I've been there before. The Moderators probably fixed the problem. Awesome job everyone.

Re: Code Snippets

Nick Evan>>Huh??

>>Huh? What happened?!

>>Huh??

Could you be a bit more specific?

Are you still as lost as I am. Don't feel bad, even though I just saw the code snippets after I clicked to the C++ forum. It shows up lighter in the sub tabs. News stories, product review, code snippets, interviews, tutorials, & Up voted, solved, unanswered. When I clicked the sub tab code snippets (211) or (111) code snippets. I can't remember the exact number. I saw well over a hundred threads. But when I looked above that, I saw them stating various ways to do the code snippets. One was [BB code] [code 1] or [1 code]. I should have written it down. It goes into a basic explanation of what codes you can use. Even though I've heard of these before. The how to I don't know how to do it. I'm as lost as you are. But I did see a thread in Php and the height and width to put down in order to do these code snippets, I think, I haven't read them yet. My only advise is to look at you address bar to see how your computer directs you when browsing, especially when you log in to your e-mail accounts. Write down these codes, so you will know which one to chose from. The only way I can explain it is it's a link followed by another link, which is directing your browser to this (web page). I'm new to my X-P and I'm learning a totally diffent language than what I was used to on top of my OS which I am just beginning to learn. :$= I hope this has helped somewhat. But I'm stumped too. That's is why I don't have any code snippets, because of what I've previously stated. *** **Someone had just answered/posted to my thread while I was responding to someone else s' thread. It said just click on the icon. I clicked where it said that and every where and looked everywhere for this icon. Nothing happened. I ended up having to sign out, go back to my e-mail, in order to find that new post response to my thread. I had to re-sign in in order to read that response. Strange things are happening. :S What is suppose to be there as explained by others are not there. That's why I said those bad Nasies we don't like (Viruses & spammers) attacking our community and that is why I couldn't see what was explained in the rules & FAQ's. Now my smiles are gone & everthing that I just edited them yesterday. I have to do this the hard way. What happened?*** *** Slowly but surely I'm starting to see them one at a time, or sometimes I'll see more, such as in my control panels. The Avatars just showed up and so did some of the other profile settings to the left side of the screen. That's why I didn't participate for months, because I wasn't seeing what was suppose to be there. The last thing I want to do is break the rules or do something wrong. But I applaud happygeek for responding to me because I almost gave up coming here. He saw what happened to me and I won't go into the specifics. It's is in the past & trying to forget it & be positive and press forward> I'm here to help and also to learn so I can be more productive. I'm beginning to love Dani-Web now. No one is perfect. I know how difficult it is to keep all of this running properly, bug free, I did it for a living. I have a great respect and appreciation for all the time consuming, detailed work that goes into all of this. :)[code=syntax] or [1 code]. I should have written it down. It goes into a basic explanation of what codes you can use. Even though I've heard of these before. The how to I don't know how to do it. I'm as lost as you are. But I did see a thread in Php and the height and width to put down in order to do these code snippets, I think, I haven't read them yet. My only advise is to look at you address bar to see how your computer directs you when browsing, especially when you log in to your e-mail accounts. Write down these codes, so you will know which one to chose from. The only way I can explain it is it's a link followed by another link, which is directing your browser to this (web page). I'm new to my X-P and I'm learning a totally diffent language than what I was used to on top of my OS which I am just beginning to learn. :$= I hope this has helped somewhat. But I'm stumped too. That's is why I don't have any code snippets, because of what I've previously stated. *** **Someone had just answered/posted to my thread while I was responding to someone else s' thread. It said just click on the icon. I clicked where it said that and every where and looked everywhere for this icon. Nothing happened. I ended up having to sign out, go back to my e-mail, in order to find that new post response to my thread. I had to re-sign in in order to read that response. Strange things are happening. :S What is suppose to be there as explained by others are not there. That's why I said those bad Nasies we don't like (Viruses & spammers) attacking our community and that is why I couldn't see what was explained in the rules & FAQ's. Now my smiles are gone & everthing that I just edited them yesterday. I have to do this the hard way. What happened?*** *** Slowly but surely I'm starting to see them one at a time, or sometimes I'll see more, such as in my control panels. The Avatars just showed up and so did some of the other profile settings to the left side of the screen. That's why I didn't participate for months, because I wasn't seeing what was suppose to be there. The last thing I want to do is break the rules or do something wrong. But I applaud happygeek for responding to me because I almost gave up coming here. He saw what happened to me and I won't go into the specifics. It's is in the past & trying to forget it & be positive and press forward> I'm here to help and also to learn so I can be more productive. I'm beginning to love Dani-Web now. No one is perfect. I know how difficult it is to keep all of this running properly, bug free, I did it for a living. I have a great respect and appreciation for all the time consuming, detailed work that goes into all of this. :)[code 1] or [1 code]. I should have written it down. It goes into a basic explanation of what codes you can use. Even though I've heard of these before. The how to I don't know how to do it. I'm as lost as you are. But I did see a thread in Php and the height and width to put down in order to do these code snippets, I think, I haven't read them yet. My only advise is to look at you address bar to see how your computer directs you when browsing, especially when you log in to your e-mail accounts. Write down these codes, so you will know which one to chose from. The only way I can explain it is it's a link followed by another link, which is directing your browser to this (web page). I'm new to my X-P and I'm learning a totally diffent language than what I was used to on top of my OS which I am just beginning to learn. :$= I hope this has helped somewhat. But I'm stumped too. That's is why I don't have any code snippets, because of what I've previously stated.
**Someone had just answered/posted to my thread while I was responding to someone else s' thread. It said just click on the icon. I clicked where it said that and every where and looked everywhere for this icon. Nothing happened. I ended up having to sign out, go back to my e-mail, in order to find that new post response to my thread. I had to re-sign in in order to read that response. Strange things are happening. :S What is suppose to be there as explained by others are not there. That's why I said those bad Nasies we don't like (Viruses & spammers) attacking our community and that is why I couldn't see what was explained in the rules & FAQ's. Now my smiles are gone & everthing that I just edited them yesterday. I have to do this the hard way. What happened?***
Slowly but surely I'm starting to see them one at a time, or sometimes I'll see more, such as in my control panels. The Avatars just showed up and so did some of the other profile settings to the left side of the screen. That's why I didn't participate for months, because I wasn't seeing what was suppose to be there. The last thing I want to do is break the rules or do something wrong. But I applaud happygeek for responding to me because I almost gave up coming here. He saw what happened to me and I won't go into the specifics. It's is in the past & trying to forget it & be positive and press forward> I'm here to help and also to learn so I can be more productive. I'm beginning to love Dani-Web now. No one is perfect. I know how difficult it is to keep all of this running properly, bug free, I did it for a living. I have a great respect and appreciation for all the time consuming, detailed work that goes into all of this. :)

Are you still as lost as I am

No. I was quoting Dani. Us oldies on forums often use >> style quote-tags instead of the quote-tags provided by Daniweb.

RE: RE: Code Snippets. Nick Evan, somehow I ended up receiving a thread from you with that quote ##Huh? Huh? What happened?! Huh?! Could you be a bit more specific?### I ended up receiving that quote after I responded to: Ancient Dragons thread. He did a thumbnail of the c++ forum & those sub-tabs were not coming up. No Ancient Dragon is not blind. ****notation** I noticed when I had my overhead big light on my computer, those sub-tabs were not apparent. After I shut off that light, I could see the sub-tabs in his thumbnail. But only after I was Just using my desk lamp, without my overhead big light. It seemed to have faded away in the background, when I turned on my big light. What perked my curiosity the advanced "what called us Oldies," were not seeing the code snippets at all. I am very acute to detail and sometimes this detailed oriented mind of mine can drive me crazy.****But in actuality I have to stop myself for a moment of pause and acknowledge the fact that this is indeed a "gift," instead of an irritation. :) Maybe that is why I am here to enable that gift & see perhaps something very minute that someone else missed. I used to have to view pages of system output and circle all the errors in the program writing. That's why the programs didn't load or work. Then have to turn back back around and rewrite that program correctly in order for them to properly load and run. *****
*****I've been in c++ before and that was the first time that "Code Snippets" popped up. I think you were quoting CS Cgal. Now how I ended up with your quote is a mystery to me. I wasn't saying you were lost. I was trying to state a fact that, even the Older more seasoned Moderators & those whom are more knowledgeable with the ie.;" computers & forums for years;" still~*** "Were not seeing what was suppose to be there, meaning, we are all lost if it is not there. How can one be effective, if it's not there?" In essence, something happened temporarily to those code snippets and they were>>>GONE. ***

No. I was quoting Dani. Us oldies on forums often use >> style quote-tags instead of the quote-tags provided by Daniweb.

Question What are the style quote-tags? You have to understand that I have never been to a forum and this is the first & only one that I have joined. I trying to get more familiarized with this forum and their terminology. When the seasoned Veterans are having problems with the simplistic sub-tabulations that are suppose to be there and they are not, then I figure it's a matter of debugging in order to get that particular kink out.*****
******That is why I have a great appreciation and respect for what all of you do here, including yourself Nick Evan. If only the majority of the members only knew how complicated and difficult it can be, they would have a better appreciation for what you all do here. Thank you again. :)

Question What are the style quote-tags?

You're misinterpreting. He means ">> style" "quote tags" (quote tags in the style of >>) not ">>" "style quote tags".

(just for clarification, not to steer this OT)

Oh my god, my eyes, they bleed! :-)

Re: Re: Code Snippets Thank you Jonsca. I had to leave due to an emergency. Sorry it took me so long to get back to your response. Ha! No it's chocolate icecream, I have low blood sugar and need caffeine. I have to get back to my other urgent matter. Thank you for that clarification. But I don't know what that means. You "Oldies," have been here for years so you know what you are doing. I'm still learning. I just edited my signature and my smiles are gone, I downloaded the v-card & can't find it, and some other things are missing. But it's a matter of time until I'll get the hang of things around here. You are all helping my mind grow and learn every day. You're misinterpreting. He means ">> style" "quote tags" (quote tags in the style of >>) not ">>" "style quote tags".

You're misinterpreting. He means ">> style" "quote tags" (quote tags in the style of >>) not ">>" "style quote tags".

Thank you again jonsca. You are all doing an awesome job here. I appreciate your help. :)

Re: Re: Code Snippets Hi ~SoS~

Oh my god, my eyes, they bleed! :-)

Sorry I had to leave due to an emergency and now have to tend to something urgent. Too much. I came back hours later & had to post it twice. I really did have an emergency to tend to. Thank God, it's calmed down to urgent. Any ways, I don't think you're a failure as a human. I think you're funny, but not a failure. I also love your quote on happiness, it's true. None of us are perfect, we all make mistakes, but the point is: That we learn from those mistakes & hope not to repeat them or at least try to. If we don't try, how can we learn? When we learn, then we gain knowledge. Finally when we gain knowledge and use it right, we apply that knowledge to the enrichment of us all. Yes human kind and here. Maybe I'm just here to encourage and give people laughter, I don't know, in time I'll find my nitch here. ***
***** Thank you again. Hopefully Your eyes will be bleeding happiness & laughter. :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.