hello,

sorry if i am posting this in the wrong section but this is very urgent and i need help very quickly.

i was contacted by my company today and was asked to delete all the posts that i have made on this website immediately.

i cannot find "edit" or "delete" options for my posts.

is there any way these can be deleted from the backend?

this needs to be urgent and they have threatened termination.

please help as soon as possible. i need to fix this immediately.

any help will be appreciated.

thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 14 Replies

Sorry can't be done; it's against the site rules to delete threads which don't violate the rules.

I see that you have asked around 15 questions in the Python forum. Deleting the threads would be make the efforts put in by the contributors go down the drain. Of course, we would be more than happy to "snip" out any confidential information which mentions your company name, personal details etc. if you could point out the specific posts.

below are the threads and the confidential information that needs to be deleted from it.
please please make sure you get all of this details. it would still be best if you can delete all my posts/threads.
please, else i will be losing my job.

i just realized that this information i am posting again and will have to be deleted.

what do i do? should i send u a pm?

I received your PM and would want to say that unfortunately I won't be able to comply with your request. The contents which you want to be deleted would take the meaning out of the thread, rendering the entire thread useless.

As already clarified in my previous post, we *try* to help out members by deleting sensitive information from their posts which include credentials, home address etc. Also, it's worth noting that Daniweb isn't the only place where you have your "sensitive" information posted publicly:

http://www.python-forum.org/pythonforum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18035
http://bytes.com/topic/python/answers/888277-how-submit-webform-using-clientform

i know.
i have reached out to all sites where i have posted.
some of them have already responded and deleted my threads/posts (e.g. hotscripts / pcreview, etc).

i will be losing my job if this is not deleted.

please do something and get this deleted. u are my last alternative.

Unfortunately it is a reality of the internet that you cannot always "undo" what you decide to share on it. The posts in question have already been public information for over 8 months.

agreed ezzaral.
what im asking here is a request to save my job.

i hope ive conveyed the seriousness of the issue here.

i am again requesting u guys to delete my posts/threads so that i can report to my management the same.

thanks again.

I received your PM and would want to say that unfortunately I won't be able to comply with your request. The contents which you want to be deleted would take the meaning out of the thread, rendering the entire thread useless.

As already clarified in my previous post, we *try* to help out members by deleting sensitive information from their posts which include credentials, home address etc. Also, it's worth noting that Daniweb isn't the only place where you have your "sensitive" information posted publicly:

http://www.python-forum.org/pythonforum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18035
http://bytes.com/topic/python/answers/888277-how-submit-webform-using-clientform

hello,
i havent heard back from you guys and i am in complete panic here.

if you state you cannot delete my posts, can u please delete the IP addresses / folder paths / file names that I have mentioned?

is it possible to atleast delete those details? ive already sent across all the threads/posts/contents in a PM, so just the IP addresses / folder paths / file names from it can be removed.

do let me know at the earliest.
thanks.

if you state you cannot delete my posts, can u please delete the IP addresses / folder paths / file names that I have mentioned?

Again, that would be kind of impractical. You have around 60+ posts, all of which contain either some sort of IP address/file name. Editing all those posts to make sure the context of the thread remains unchanged and at the same time snipping out the IP address/name/paths is something which I can't do in the small amount of time I dedicate for this site. Not to mention your posts in turn were "quoted" by other members which increases the number of posts which have to be edited. :(

Also, to respond to your PM, I can't delete your posts; this isn't my site and deleting posts is against the rules. Maybe you should get in touch with the site owner.

Again, that would be kind of impractical. You have around 60+ posts, all of which contain either some sort of IP address/file name. Editing all those posts to make sure the context of the thread remains unchanged and at the same time snipping out the IP address/name/paths is something which I can't do in the small amount of time I dedicate for this site. Not to mention your posts in turn were "quoted" by other members which increases the number of posts which have to be edited. :(

Also, to respond to your PM, I can't delete your posts; this isn't my site and deleting posts is against the rules. Maybe you should get in touch with the site owner.

alright. who is the site owner and how can i get in touch with him/her?

thanks.

Dani is the site owner and goes by the name of "cscgal" on this site.

As Dani will refer you to myself, being the Community Admin, I may as well break the bad news here: DaniWeb cannot delete/edit your posts for the reasons that Sanjay has already stated.

We get many requests to delete posts after someone has asked for, and usually received, help from the DaniWeb membership. To delete these posts would negate all the effort put into helping you by other members, and dilute the DaniWeb forums by removing a problem/solution which may be of help to others in the future.

As Sanjay has pointed out, your posts have been on the public Internet for 8 months now and the information you are concerned about appears at other forums as well. Indeed, it seems that you had little concern about posting all this stuff across the Internet while you were seeking help.

The public Internet is just that, public. Information that you freely post cannot simply be deleted, it doesn't work like that.

So, to conclude, I have to state once again that DaniWeb will not deleting your posts I am afraid.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.