Hello daniweb,

I think daniweb recently changed to new urls (forum name instead of forum number).
But in my working area web development key word hanged by firewall and will not allow me to access the page.
Every thing else is fine for me.
This happened for me since yesterday.
So, now onwards i can not access web development forums which i use to browse daily.

Please tell me, any alternative for this.

thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 16 Replies

Dani is busy tweaking the site and she is also changing the entire sites URL. There were quite a few hickups, but its getting solved as we go.

Have a look at THIS post where most of the hassles is being discussed. You can add your question there and I'm sure she will reply.:)

I'm confused by what you mean that you can't browse Web Development. What happens when you click on Web Development in the top navigation menu? What do you mean by 'hanged by firewall'??

I'm confused by what you mean that you can't browse Web Development. What happens when you click on Web Development in the top navigation menu? What do you mean by 'hanged by firewall'??

Dani,
thanks for your reply.

Please check the attached image..
That is what i am getting when i click on the web development forums. Remaining all working fine.

Thank you.

I have tried it on my side and it is working fine, although I am using Chrome and not IE...

Also just tried IE 7 , working fine.:)

Firefox, Opera also fine.

Thanks AndreRet,

I think it is not the problem with browser.
It is because , in my working area, management don't allow us to browse some sites.
For this reason: they have restricted some sites and keywords.
"Web Development" is one of the key word which they have restricted by some settings.
If the keyword is present in the URL, then the URL can not be retrieved as i shown in attached image.

The only solution then would be to contact your administrators and ask them to pass it. It's a simple setting, which can be done in 5 minutes.:)

hmmm. but it can not be done for some reasons..

It's odd that "web development" would be a word for them to block. What does your company do?

Amish & Co.

I also thought so, huh?

Maybe they do not believe in technology, blocking all "web dev" site url's.;)

The Amish -- no phones, no modern conveniences.... You know, the buggy drivers.

With horses in front, you see.

Web Development means they have to improve on their farming skills in a spidery fashion of planting and distribution of said farmed products.;)

I'm probably gonna get knocked over the head, but hey, such is life.:)

commented: Consider yourself knocked! :D +0

Any way i am leaving this forum.
Hope for future..

I'm not sure why you think it won't be a good idea to request the sys admins for setting things straight. It's not as if you are asking for a permission to unblock youtube or gmail. Plus, the filter is obviously broken; it allows you to browse some parts of the site but not others like Web Development.

You can always give the reason that this site shows up in google results when you search for fixes to your issues. The worst possible thing that could happen would be the sys admins blocking entire Daniweb domain. Or if you are lucky, they might just realize how stupid their blocking criteria is and modify their rules.

commented: ok +0
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.