Show the subforums on the forum index so we can see what subforums exist. With the way it is now, people don't even know that most of the subforums exist. I wasn't even aware that this forum (DaniWeb News and Feedback) even had subforums until I opened it. There is a vBulletin Option to show subforums on the forum index.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

The strength of the DaniWeb design is to downplay the forum index but instead divide the site into multiple subsites, each focusing on a different aspect of IT (The horizontal navigation menu). Each category section page should be considered a sub-homepage of sorts. The forum index is meant to be a very lightweight and consise "at a glance" overview of what the entire site offers and not a detailed navigation of every forum available.

The subforums are poorly laid out. Take the subforums in DaniWeb News and Feedback as an example.

Bud I'm not really sure what you're getting at but, DaniWeb News and Feedback is not a Sub-Forum. It's a Forum Under a Forum Category.

A sub-forum would be the MySQL forum under the Database forum. Which is under the Web Development Category.

""""""""""""
sorry if this isn't what you are referring to, but it's what your post looks like it refers to.

Bud I'm not really sure what you're getting at but, DaniWeb News and Feedback is not a Sub-Forum. It's a Forum Under a Forum Category.

A sub-forum would be the MySQL forum under the Database forum. Which is under the Web Development Category.

""""""""""""
sorry if this isn't what you are referring to, but it's what your post looks like it refers to.

If you read my post carefully, you will see that I said

Take the subforums in DaniWeb News and Feedback

As you can see, I said the subforums IN that forum. There are 3, last time I checked. (At least for me. Certain users can see more or less, depending on your usergroup.)

Where would you prefer those subforums go? They are DaniWeb-related forums and they are in the forum devoted to discussing DaniWeb. (Just like this thread :))

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.