Can someone please tell me what this is all about? (Please see the list below.) I have to say I was a little surprised to see myself being judged and graded like this. I don't know very much about computers and am just here to learn so I'm probably doing something wrong right now.

I did try to help though. As soon as I received the e-mail about Google's faux pas I asked about a few things at the top of my list. (I've got a million questions but have been hesitant to post them because I can't really pay.)

Anyway, I know I've got a lot to learn and I'd like to start with what these rankings mean.

Thank you

Does jmrpjb contribute useful, well-written posts?
Overall Post Quality Score: 0%
Total Up-Votes Received: 0
Unique Posts Receiving Up-Votes: 0
Members Who've Up-Voted: 0
Posts Currently Positive: 0
Total Down-Votes Received: 0
Unique Posts Receiving Down-Votes: 0
Members Who've Down-Voted: 0
Posts Currently Negative: 0
What does the community think of jmrpjb?
Community Reputation Points Awarded: 10
Member Rank by Reputation: #4,475
Power to Affect Someone Else's Reputation Positively: 1 points
Power to Affect Someone Else's Reputation Negatively: -1 points
How helpful is jmrpjb at answering questions?
Forum threads marked solved after jmrpjb replied to them: 0
Member Rank by Solved Threads: #9,119

happygeek commented: hopefully the replies to this have helped explain how the ranking systems work +0

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Welcome to Daniweb.:)

I have asked the mods to move this post to Community Feed back where we will answer all you need to know.:)

The statistics is very common for newbie posters.

As you keep contributing usefully to the community, you will keep moving up the ladder.

First things first, you can feel free to ask your questions here at DaniWeb without worrying about having to pay - this is a free IT support and discussion community, nobody charges you anything to provide all the help and advice you need.

As for the rankings you mention, well every time you post something to DaniWeb members of the community have the opportunity to either up or down vote your posting depending on whether they found it useful, interesting or perhaps confusing or in breach of the rules. Most of the time, most members will not vote on postings at all, but if you've contributed something particularly worthy people may be inclined to reward your effort with an up vote and possibly some reputation points which are just a further method of showing gratitude.

The more you post and the greater your reputation score becomes, so the more power you have to influence the reputation of others.

First things first, you can feel free to ask your questions here at DaniWeb without worrying about having to pay - this is a free IT support and discussion community, nobody charges you anything to provide all the help and advice you need.

As for the rankings you mention, well every time you post something to DaniWeb members of the community have the opportunity to either up or down vote your posting depending on whether they found it useful, interesting or perhaps confusing or in breach of the rules. Most of the time, most members will not vote on postings at all, but if you've contributed something particularly worthy people may be inclined to reward your effort with an up vote and possibly some reputation points which are just a further method of showing gratitude.

The more you post and the greater your reputation score becomes, so the more power you have to influence the reputation of others.

How in the world did I manage to get here? in your post?? Oooohh there's sooo much I don't know!

I just wanted to drop a quick "thanks" for responding to my post so quickly. When I first got a glimpse of all those 0's next to my name I felt I'd been wisked back to highschool and handing in tests on which I was getting nothing but zero's. (Not that that ever happened, you understand)

I'd like to add that I am really impressed with Daniweb; it gets very high marks in my books.

Thanks again.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.