Hi guys
can this example be consider a spammer, because he post just to tell us he has knowledge of network. Whats the point then?

Recommended Answers

All 47 Replies

Another example

I'll bet the guy has links in his signature. Spammers like to do this to raise their page rank in search engines. However, Daniweb doesn't expose signature links to search engine web crawlers, so the net effect of these spam posts is a little valueless fluff added to the thread.

It's generally not worth the effort of banning and deleting unless a signature spammer floods the forum. It's also somewhat difficult to differentiate between a legitimate member making inane comments and a sig spammer.

>>It's also somewhat difficult to differentiate between a legitimate member making inane comments and a sig spammer.

I use post count and past posting history for that purpose. First time posters on PFO who make that kind of post get the post deleted, but not infracted or warned because there are no rules about it. If the poster has made otherwise useful posts in other threads then I'll leave it.

Actually that poster does not have any sig links. Apparently he just likes to make absolutely useless comments in other people's threads. I didn't see a single post that added any relevant value.

Sounds like he's lonely. Someone should give him a hug. ;)

Right. You go first. :)

OMG. I went to check my profile and i found that i receive a down vote. I wonder if he is the one that do that. If yes, i won't give him a warm hug but a cold one instead

Hell spammer. This is the member name waitforsun. He kept on posting links to different websites and not helping the poster

Example:
I plan to wage a wat against him, who agrees with me.

Example:
I plan to wage a wat against him, who agrees with me.

When you see posts such as that, hit the 'Report' button next to the post and a Moderator will take care of it/them.
Speaking of which..............All his posts deleted.

Thanks crunchie. do you think it is his first time. I don't think so beacuse when i check his profile, there is not much information.

Matters not as spam is spam.

commented: Well said +0

This site is not serious against spammers. A reputable site will always require confirmation of email address. This site does not. How can you seriosly wage war against spammer if you allow anonymous postings?
Yes you do. Anyone can enter any fake email in the registration form and start posting right away. When you don't even require email confirmation then saying "ware against spam" is a joke. Also this site has been reported for spam and been put on spam blocklist before. This is true and the owner knows this. I used to get spam from this site all the time, clicking on unsubscribe links never worked. I personally reported this site for spamming to Gmail and their webhost. I appears that Gmail started blocking this domain, well, at least on my account, all you have to do is click 'report spam' on gmail and it seems to work better then attempting to unsubscribe from this site.

commented: How can only 3 posts make anyone reliable enough to give such comments? +0
commented: With that saying, you must be a spammer yourself. +0

Also this site has been reported for spam and been put on spam blocklist before.

Proof or it didn't happen. Anyone can make claims that may or may not, be true. I have been a member here for 7 years and have never received any spam from Daniweb.
Put up, or shut up.

can this be consider a spammer He just post a whole junk of rubbish there that is not related to the forum. The forum is networking what has he post go to do with it.

Is that your doing crunchie. That is awesome fast. I just refresh the networking forum page and what the guy posted is deleted. Mods are awesome

Yep, was I. So much for being soft on spammers :icon_twisted:

"Proof or it didn't happen"? Nice one. A moderator defending the site. It did happened, to many people. Just ask Dani if this site was ever reported for spam to their host.

That is awesome fast. I just refresh the networking forum page and what the guy posted is deleted. Mods are awesome

The current mod team is the best we've ever had. I think most members would be shocked at the volume of they go through in a ridiculously short amount of time. While the bad posts make me sad, the speed at which they're dealt with makes me happy. :)

"Proof or it didn't happen"? Nice one. A moderator defending the site. It did happened, to many people. Just ask Dani if this site was ever reported for spam to their host.

I still see no proof. Proof should always accompany accusations or it is just hearsay.
I wasn't always a mod either :).

We have flag bad post. We have infractions. We have rep.

Maybe we need a button for whiner!

commented: You should get one for your account +0

We have flag bad post. We have infractions. We have rep.

Maybe we need a button for whiner!

It's called the ignore list.

Have you guys see the similarity. Most spammers tend to post in the networking forum. I am wondering why, do you guys have any clue?

They post wherever they think will expose their links the most.
If you see any posts that you suspect to be spam, use the 'Flag Bad Post' button to the left of every post. We (Mods) will then make a determination on what to do with it.

Is there a flag good post button

commented: Please stop posting just to post. If you have something useful to say, do so. If not, don't. This is not the Geeks Lounge. +0

I hate spammers .... Shifty eyes -__- (post count 41) cheers

Don't worry I have reported my fair share, stupidity is close enough to spamming in my books, so all stupid posts I flag.

Good post you vote them up or give them reputation. Want to start a war against spammers. Team A anti spammers, Team B spammers. Who want to join me in Team A against Team B the spammers

Is there a flag good post button

No.

Good post you vote them up or give them reputation. Want to start a war against spammers. Team A anti spammers, Team B spammers. Who want to join me in Team A against Team B the spammers

If you see a thread that is started by a spammer, please do not reply to it. Rather, just hit the 'Flag Bad Post' as mentioned before.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.