I appreciate getting daniweb emails, however the emails refer to an email address I do not have.

My profile email address is correct, why is the email address on daniweb emails wrong?

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

So you're receiving emails with an account you don't have? ;)

Assuming the emails are going to the current account in your control panel (otherwise you wouldn't be getting them) and the "wrong" email is informational, it's probably the email address you registered with in the first place in 2004.

If you re-read my emnail you will note that it does not say i am receiving emails at that address, I am getting the emails at the correct address.

What I said was: the email refers to an email address I do not have, see below

Your DaniWeb Username: x38class (Member Profile)
DaniWeb Join Date: May 20th, 2004
Email On File: bob_emson@mail2me.com.au

this is not my email address you are sending emails to!

I was actually joking with the not receiving emails comment. :icon_rolleyes:

I know it's been a while, but do you recall if the email referred to is the email you signed up to Daniweb with? We do keep that original email in the database along with the current email in your profile.

Yes it was, so if I change it then your it programmers should change all references to a clients email address as changed by the client.

You could have an incorrect email address for 80% of your clients, because in most peoples lifetime an email address will get changed, so there is no point in keeeping the original email address.

To the best of my knowledge, that original email address is used for informational and historical purposes only. Though I'll defer to Dani for details, since she's the one who works the back end.

> We do keep that original email in the database along with the current email in your profile.
> To the best of my knowledge, that original email address is used for informational and historical purposes only.

Yes ... Essentially we do it for SPAM regulations, b/c we often have people complaining to us "I never signed up! Why did I get this newsletter! I never signed up for anything!" ... So we stick in the bottom of each newsletter issue a line saying that you signed up on such-and-such date with such-and-such email address at the time.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.