It is abellazm

My question is why am I banned from daniweb? just because i have given one's answer it was not a total copy paste and i also have given the website address from where I have taken the text.... where are the mods and admins how can you do this to a member..... Just hell with this website and all its forums I am not participating in this website any more but just wanted to ask why not the members who posted above and below my post were banned and why was I banned ??????

Recommended Answers

All 47 Replies

You are banned because, as explained in the PM that accompanied your Keep It Legal infraction, it is against the rules to cut and paste content from another website and then post it here as if it were your own. This breaches the Keep It Legal rule and gets you a 5 point infraction. You already had an active Keep It Legal infraction for posting a code snippet that was a verbatim copy of code published elsewhere, this took your total points to 10 which automatically means your account is banned until your points expire.

Yes but both the time I never said it mine ..... ok leave the first time this time this was not the exact copy and also it was given that these words are from where

Sorry to hear about your misfortune abelLazm. Now you just have to wait until your points expired before you can join back unless you are banned permanently. Please don't quit daniweb now.

I am not w8ing until they bless me to use their website again OK BYE

One last question Why not the other people were banned who posted there the same thing i haven't at all copy pasted but they surely did that..... any ways bye

To add to Davey's post, the moderator team normally treats "Keep it legal" cases with highest priority given that having copyrighted content around for a long time without proper attribution might end up putting Daniweb is a big mess. That is one of the reasons why no warning is issued for the "Keep it legal" infraction; two strikes and you are out.

Hope that clears up the reason why you were banned.

Your a sook.

commented: And you are a useless twit. +0

:'(I just lost two friends.

Oh come on i am saying that I didn't say that these words are mine the thread was asking what is Brick Marketing and it is all the same what is it ? and please i mentioned the address where the definition was from and sorry to say this thread is not started for asking any kinda sympathy or same.....

Jingda you can still be a friend :) don't worry

The rules are there for the benefit of everyone, and that includes both members of the community and DaniWeb itself as a business. The Keep It Legal rule protects DaniWeb from action that could be taken against us if people are breaching copyright by posting content that is not theirs to post.

In your case the post was, for the most part, a straight cut and paste of content lifted from another website. You say that you never said they were your words, but the fact remains they were posted using your account and so that is the reasonable assumption everyone makes.

You say it was 'given that these words are from where' but actually all that you did was add two external links stating 'details here and here' which again do nothing to disclaim your ownership of the content.

Both your keep it legal infractions were given by admins (myself and Narue) who are very well aware of how to interpret the rule. There was no mistake, this was not a borderline decision, it was a clear cut infraction. The first infraction drew your attention to the ruling, and suggested you familiarize yourself with it to prevent any further breaches.

Don't copy and paste your rules here .... just tell me what is brick marketing and it will be over ?

One last question Why not the other people were banned who posted there the same thing i haven't at all copy pasted but they surely did that..... any ways bye

Accounts are only banned when infraction points reach a total of 10.

Other posts in that thread have been deleted and, where appropriate, members have been issued keep it legal infractions. However, if those members did not have any infraction points already, as you did, then their accounts would not be banned.

Don't copy and paste your rules here .... just tell me what is brick marketing and it will be over ?

???

Please note, with the exception of this thread, using a new account to circumvent a ban is also in breach of the rules and any such accounts will be banned if they start posting in other forums.

i mentioned the address where the definition was from

You did not state that the definition was from there.
You just added a couple of links with 'details here and here' which is not the same thing.
Just adding a link to a statement, in any case, does not mean the posting would not breach the keep it legal rule.

Anyway bye dear folks and MR HAPPY GEEK plz ban this one also because you never know what is legal and what is not and what is copied and what is not any one can click the flag post and do any thing and another thing this was not a copyright issue I had writtenBrick Marketing is a full service Boston based SEO, search engine marketing (SEM) and internet marketing company so it is and it is written on their official website if they want to take action against some one who said this then for sure they are doomed any way getting banned fro daniweb doesn't matter at all

Surely you know what is copied and what is not copied, especially when you copied it yourself?

Indeed,you earlier stated that what you posted was not a cut and paste, now you are saying that you cut and pasted it from the company website.

What you actually posted was not what you stated above at all, but something completely different starting "Since 2005 Brick Marketing has become one of the premier and effective boutique search engine marketing firms" but which I will not copy here in full for obvious reasons.

Finally, if getting banned from DaniWeb 'doesn't matter at all' you sure have a funny way of showing it...

i have one question?

why one get infraction point on writing sentences in short form like plz for please, no one is here to write full sentence like essay writing?

Hi Wenbnet, the Keep It Clear rules state:

Do not write in all uppercase or use "leet", "txt" or "chatroom" speak

and

Do post in full-sentence English

This is primarily to ensure that everyone, including those for whom English is not a first language, can understand what is being said.

but all these are so common things that everyone knows and uses daily

It's because your Illiterate and make silly comments anyway Wenbnet.

commented: Bad comment, this feedback section not game lounge, so keep it on topic +0
commented: don't misbehave. +0

It's because your Illiterate and make silly comments anyway Wenbnet.

Who's illiterate? Literate people know the difference between your and you're.

commented: lazyness just lazyness! +0
commented: Exactly what I was thinking too. +0
commented: :) +0

Seems like abelLazm being banned is attracting a lot of attention here.

@happygeek
I have a question, if I copy paste something from another website, but I tell others that it is not mine and is from the other website(by giving the link), then will I be banned?

Yes, i think you still will. Maybe you will receive an infraction first from either moderators or administrators.

commented: Ahh, so you're Happygeek in disguise? Let him answer his own questions. +0
commented: I don't see a reason for downvoting! +0

Then how can I check my current infraction points(if I have any)?

Then how can I check my current infraction points(if I have any)?

1) Quick check, does your user info on any of the posts sports something like this "Infractions: 1/1 (5)" ? (not at the moment)
2) Detailed check, top of the page right side "Control Panel" or by clicking on your user name of any of the posts

I don't know, but I guess that you cannot tell my match about Java garbage collection. Difference is that in my own words I can explain this and if necessary I can provide additional links, where you are not able to give general idea/explanation without direct quoting.

Do you get now what is the main difference?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.