Hi ! Could yo please tell me how to unsubscribe ? I can't find the place. Thank you.

Recommended Answers

All 16 Replies

Go to Control Panel (above search) and Edit Options.

Subscriptions and such can be edited from your control panel, but the specifics depend on exactly what you're thinking of as the subscription. So, unsubscribe from what, exactly?

Why does one create a thread and get replied three days later. Funny thing.
@ microlatina
Do you mean deleting your daniweb account? If that is the case, you can't because daniweb have a system that does not delete account. Judging from the fact of your post above, it seems like you want to delete your daniweb account.

You can't possibly unsubscribe from threads or daniweb email subscription because this is only your first post. So that means you want to delete your daniweb account. Am i right? I am not sure whether the admin will delete your account but this has never happen before. So i doubt it will this time.

No, the admins will not delete the account, or any account for that matter.

No, the admins will not delete the account, or any account for that matter.

Isn't that what i have said before;). So to conclude, i was right but not confident in my answer.

>> Isn't that what i have said before

Yes. But are you an Admin?

But are you an Admin?

No. But i thought thread like this occur before in daniweb. I just found the thread and it seems you participated in it too, Nick.

As I pointed out before, since you are not an Admin, let the Admin deal with these matters. They are going to anyway, so you don't need to post at all.

But why can't non admins post and help out in this forum as well?

You can participate in this forum, but seeing as you yourself admitted you were not confident in the response you gave on behalf of the admin team here then it's best to leave those responses to us. Not doing so runs the very real risk of confusing members who may think you actually know what you are talking about ;)

Hello, I would like to completely delete my account from Daniweb. I don't want to participate on any forum or receive any kind of information or emails. I can't find a way to do this. I tried with Edit Options ( above Search ) with no luck. Could you please tell me how to do it ? Thank you.

I don't want to participate on any forum or receive any kind of information or emails.

This can be accomplished without deleting your account. In fact, I'll go ahead and turn off all notifications for you. Then you can simply never log back into this account again and the effect will serve your purposes.

Thank you Narue. With all respect, I can't understand why I cannot be completely deleted, erased and unsubscribed. I believe I have this right ... don't you think so ? Could you explain me the reason why there is no mechanism to do what I am asking to ? No offense please. Thank you very much.

Member Avatar for diafol

Could you explain me the reason

They could, but then they'd have to kill you. This is a secret. You have unwittingly signed your virtual afterlife over to Daniweb. They will not release your soul, in case you join the dark side (php fre..). I can't complete the name, or I'll be punished. Oops, I've answered an Admin thread. Narue's gonna headbutt me now with her fluffy bunniness and HappyGeek's gonna burn my top lip with his laser specs, cannily disguised as Harry Potter-ware. There's no escape :(

I believe I have this right ... don't you think so ?

Nope, I don't think so at all. It's clearly stated in our acceptable use policy that accounts are permanent as Daniweb's way of complying with anti-spam guidelines.

OK Narue, thank you very much. Best wishes for you all.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.