all thread
new stories
product reviews
code snippets
tutorial
upvoted
solved
unanswered

I always felt one more in the list is required. Like if user who started thread was last to reply on that thread and that thread is still unsolved. It means that user is expecting someone to answer.

If such threads are shown separtely in another tab, then I feel that it could help someone in better manner and in short period of time.

Regards
Upendra

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I always felt one more in the list is required. Like if user who started thread was last to reply on that thread and that thread is still unsolved. It means that user is expecting someone to answer

...or has already got an answer and is thanking the ones who helped him solve the issue. :-)

But really, IMO for those who help out, monitoring the forum once a while (every 3 hours or so) for new replies is pretty much a trivial.

Or use the links at the bottom of the web browser for new posts in forums you're interested in.

Or use the links at the bottom of the web browser for new posts in forums you're interested in.

That link is fine, but I was looking for posts that are last replied by thread starter and which are still unsolved (even if i have replied in it or not).

It means somebody is waiting for someone to reply.

thanks
UPendra

>>It means somebody is waiting for someone to reply.
No it doesn't mean that at all. Many times the original poster will make a final post just to say "thanks" to all other posters, then leave without marking the thread solved. So IMO a new link for this purpose would really give you unusable list of threads.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.