I want to change my email address from greatmajestics@hotmail.com to greatmajestics@yahoo.com , i want to recieve alerts on yahoo ID.. But when i tried to change it give me already present warning... It is requested to admin or mod to please correct this problem.

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

We'll have to wait for an admin for this, us mods can't do it.

I am able to change my email address are you sure you done it correctly?

Go to control panel and search for change email and password. Follow the instructions there, you need to type in your password first.

commented: Read his post. +0
commented: Sigh. Did you not read what the OP actually said??? +0
commented: why are you always trying to act like a moderator / admin when you are not, no need to jump into every thread just for the sake of posting +0

That's bizarre - I'm sure I replied to this just after it was posted but my response seems to have vanished into the ether.

Anyway, what I said was the yahoo addy you have provided is, indeed, associated with another DaniWeb member (who joined on June 30th 2011) which is why you are unable to use it.

I want to change my email address from greatmajestics@hotmail.com to greatmajestics@yahoo.com , i want to recieve alerts on yahoo ID.. But when i tried to change it give me already present warning... It is requested to admin or mod to please correct this problem.

You mean the Yahoo Messenger Handle??

How can any one use my yahoo ID , its 100% confirm its my id, i have tried to add through control panel but it didnt worked... now please change and send me a reponce over my yahoo ID.

How can any one use my yahoo ID , its 100% confirm its my id

Perhaps you created more than one account?

now please change and send me a reponce over my yahoo ID.

We can't because (as happygeek said) the address is already used by another member.

@Happygeek: Was that account already used/verified?

You mean the Yahoo Messenger Handle??

Read first, post later.

What exactly is wrong with my first post above?

How can any one use my yahoo ID , its 100% confirm its my id, i have tried to add through control panel but it didnt worked... now please change and send me a reponce over my yahoo ID.

In the first instance please send me an email, from your yahoo.com account, to happygeek@daniwebmail.com to confirm that the yahoo account is yours.

@Happygeek: Was that account already used/verified?

The account is showing as registered rather than awaiting email confirmation, which rather suggests it was set up by someone with access to the yahoo.com email account in question...

What exactly is wrong with my first post above?

It is another example of you trying to act like a moderator/admin when you are not, I'm afraid to say. The OP was asking for specific help from the mods/admins and you jumped in with a response which was not helpful and did not address the actual question.

If you re-read the original question then hopefully you will see why this is so.

Email send, check it happy geek...

Your email has been received, I am now awaiting a response from the other member concerned before taking any further action.

Found the person who was using my ID...... Thanx it solved.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.