Anyone here experience some problem when using the Danweib IRC lately or in the past. I was chatting with someone when i was suddenly log out of it. I had to use another username to get it. The first thing i saw was both my first and second username. Why is this happening? It shows a message that says " Unable to log in. Username is already in use)." I was thinking WTH just happen. There was only 5 people in the IRC, how could someone have use my username.

The problem repeats again until i have to use a forth username to log in. But i was unable too. At the top of the page was " Connection failed (Max clones reached for your IP) ".

Anyone know why is this happening?

Edited by jingda: n/a

Contributors
Replies
Views
6 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Dani

Thanks Narue for the quick reply. If the issue was with the IRC client, how do i go about resolving it? Or do you think this have to do with my internet?

If the issue was with the IRC client, how do i go about resolving it?

Try a different client.

Or do you think this have to do with my internet?

It's possible, though I would expect symptoms to show up elsewhere as well. If your only problem is IRC and everything else works fine, your connection probably isn't the culprit.

What do you mean by try a different client?

Use a different IRC application to access #daniweb. I don't know what client you're using, so I can't offer much more advice than that.

I am using my browser on Macbook to access daniweb IRC. So if i use an IRC software, it will be better?

Better is subjective. You have more options for using IRC than a Java client (which is what I suppose you mean by using your browser).

This may sound a bit idiotic. But how do you use an IRC and how do you connect to daniweb IRC Channel?

Edit

Just random senseless clicking on the software and i know how to use it.

Thanks Narue for your help.

First you need an IRC client such as mIRC or Chatzilla (Firefox extension). Then, you can connect to the server irc.daniweb.com. Then, you can join the #DaniWeb channel on the server.

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.