How can I make a group?
I've searched for the past 10 minutes, nowhere to be found.

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

From the groups page, you should have an option at the bottom to Create A New Group.

You can create a group here. Just make sure that you search the existing groups out there to see if there already exists one (or pretty close to)suiting your needs. Also, any self-promotional groups would be immediately deleted.

EDIT: Drats; this is what you get for working against an old copy of the thread...

Ah, it completely slipped my mind. You need to be a member for at least 5 days and should have a reputation of around 15 to create a social group. This requirement was added to cut down on spammers creating social groups for the sole purpose of spamming.

commented: Thanks. I was looking all over, couldn't find out how. :) +0

Oh, mmk thanks. :D
Thats... two more days.

* and a bit more reputation

And to get that rep may require more than the current scattergun posting approach methinks...

Or... I could move to a different section on this site.
Geek's Lounge isn't the friendliest.

Edit: The people in CPU's, RAM, and Motherboards were nice enough to give me a 8-to-1 multiplexer design...

> Geek's Lounge isn't the friendliest.

Depends on who you are trying to be friendly with. :) Anyways, Davey's point was that you can try earning rep by focusing on the low hanging fruits in any of the sections which match your current expertise (Operating Systems, Browsers, Programming etc.)

>> Depends on who you are trying to be friendly with.

Hey! That's not very nice now is it? ;)

commented: I kid, I kid. :-) +0
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.